3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 1:15 PM by A.T. Romano

installing Premier Elements on a new computer without a key

CliffSheets

My laptop crashed and I bought a new PC, but I can't find the key code for my Premier Elements 4.0 disk so it won't let me install it. What can I do (without being required to buy a new one)?

• 1. Re: installing Premier Elements on a new computer without a key
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cliffsheets

No way around using Premiere Elements 4.0 without the purchased serial number.

So, let us see if we can find the serial number. From what you wrote, you have been using this Premiere Elements 4 copy before

on another computer. So, the product and the serial number "should" be registered at Adobe.

Go to the Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com, sign in, and, in the Search field, type in My Products.

Follow the My Products search until you reach the page with a listing of your products.

When (if) you see Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 there, click on it. The serial number should be revealed.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: installing Premier Elements on a new computer without a key
            CliffSheets Level 1

Thanks, ATR.

I tried that, but either I don't remember my email address I originally used to register with Adobe.com, or I don't have access to the email address anymore, so I re-registered, when I didn't get a reset-password email. If I can find out what email I used, I can probably figure out what the password was, even if I don't have access to that email anymore.

Do you know how I could recover a lost "username"? It should be possible, since they ask for a name and birthdate when registering.

• 3. Re: installing Premier Elements on a new computer without a key
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CliffSheets

Without posting the actual information, in the days when you registered version 4, did you use your email address as your Adobe ID or do you create a non email address for the Adobe ID?

What are you using now to get into the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum - a new Adobe ID and password or the one that you might have used when

first dealing with Premiere Elements 4?

ATR