Downloading is fine. And yes, I know where I downloaded it.
It's just when I run the application, I get the normal User Account Control take action prompt and I click Okay, but nothing shows up.
I open up Windows Task Manager and it is clearly there.
However, when I open the installer again it gives me the normal "you can't open two at the same time" message. This is the only message that actually displays from Adobe Acrobat Installer that shows up on my taskbar and as an actual task on Applications.
Not sure if it's related, but my Internet Explorer is having a problem where as soon as I click iexplore.exe, it flashes as if appearing to open, and instantly closes itself.
Using most current Firefox.
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
not sure it matters because I never had any previous issues updating it.
I had the same problem. I use Windows 7 and FireFox too. Here's what I did:
1) Uninstall the old version
2) Click on this link and choose Save File (I got this from the adobe site -- after searching for a solution over a long frustrating period of time):
3) Close the browser (I was using FireFox)
4) Go to your downloads folder (or wherever your downloads go)
5) Find the file that says: install_flash_player
6) Open that file
7) Follow its directions and then re-open FireFox and try to watch something. It should work.