21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 4:12 PM by A.T. Romano

error 2130932483

CaptainJohn002

Keep getting error 2130932483 when trying to burn a DVD, always at 96%

Have defrag, restart. this seems to be an ongoing question

• 1. Re: error 2130932483
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Captainjohn002

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Can you successfully complete a burn to folder if you cannot a burn to disc?

Have you tried another brand/type of DVD disc and have you hit the Rescan button?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" type of issue?

Let us start here and then we can decide what to do next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: error 2130932483
            CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Elements Premiere v 12

WIn 7 OS, trying to burn to a folder.

Not had this issue before.

DVDs that I have used before without issue

Not tried another dick and have hit rescan

• 3. Re: error 2130932483
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Thanks for the reply.

Before seeking out new brand/type disc, please let us know the results from the burn to folder.

When you get to the burn dialog, what are the Quality Area readings for Space Required and Bitrate

With check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space when

Folder (4.7 GB)

Folder (8.5 GB)

as well as

same without check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space

ATR

• 4. Re: error 2130932483
                CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Folder 4.7 GB

fit contents 3.80 GB with checkmark

without check mark 3.76 GB

• 5. Re: error 2130932483
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Thanks for the important information. Based on that, there does not look like there should be a disc capacity issue.

But, did the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) go to a successful completion?

Have you ever taken the VIDEO_TS Folder from that saved folder to ImgBurn for the generation of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

We can try that next to test your discs and burner.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

With these free programs you need to be very careful in your choices during the download/install so that you do not get hit with

unwanted carry along programs with the ImgBurn. But, we can discuss the pros and cons of the ImgBurn download later.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: error 2130932483
                    CaptainJohn002 Level 1

I have saved it to a folder and can open that.

However when saving it I can not find any VIDEO_TS folder

Was going to try and download Imgburn but was unsuccessful, Trendmico lit up when going there.

Called a dangerous site and shutdown

• 7. Re: error 2130932483
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Thanks for the follow up.

Unless you can see a VIDEO_TS Folder in the saved folder from the Premiere Elements burn to Folder (4.7 GB), do not bother downloading

and installing ImgBurn.

In recent times, ImgBurn has become a major nuisance to download and install (loaded with unwanted carry alongs). This free program is essential for getting the VIDEO_TS to DVD. But, it a major headache to get it beyond the antivirus. John T. Smith has posted a way to obtain the program safely. I will send

him a private message about posting those details in your thread so that you will have that information  when needed.

But, for now, the focus is producing the VIDEO_TS Folder.

Let us try to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

If that does not work, then we are heading for uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and then reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: error 2130932483
                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons

• 9. Re: error 2130932483
                          CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Hummm, maybe this is an issue. I have no Prefs folder in there

Prefs.JPG

• 10. Re: error 2130932483
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Thanks for the reply.

You are looking for an Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file not folder. And, that Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is in the 12.0 Folder

of the path given at the top of your screenshot. You have it all.

Is the screenshot in post numbered 9 from your computer? If so, in it, you are showing the contents of a 12.0 Folder

which contains the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. That is the file that you delete?

And, if that does not work, then you delete that whole 12.0 in which you showing the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file,

4 folders, and several other files.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: error 2130932483
                              CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Yes this is from my computer, I have not deleted anything yet

But I did find 2 12.0 folders. thinking I will delete both folders , neither one has a Prefs file in them

Adobe.JPG

• 12. Re: error 2130932483
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

You do have all you need. You are just detouring a bit. Follow the path cited, and you will be right on.

In your latest screenshot (post 11), you are showing the contents of the Adobe Folder in the path shown at the top of the screenshot.

In that Adobe Folder, we see many folders and 3 files. All we want there is the Folder named specifically Premiere Elements, not Premiere Elements 12.0.

Now in the Premiere Elements Folder is a 12.0 Folder. When you open the 12.0 Folder, you will find the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file inside it.

(See your screenshot in post 9.) This is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. You observe the effect of the deletion on your issue. If the

issue is still there after this deletion, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder which housed the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

There are several folders with 12 in the name as you look through Premiere Elements 12 folders and files. But, all we want is the 12.0 Folder in the specific path cited.

Please give that another look and let us know the results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: error 2130932483
                                  CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Thanks,

I was getting to a deadline for a X mas bike dinner.

We got thru that now. But I found the Prefs file.

Deleted it and tried to burn a DVD with no success.

Went back and removed the whole 12.0 folder and will try again

• 14. Re: error 2130932483
                                    CaptainJohn002 Level 1

After I deleted the whole 12.0 folder I still get the same error

fustrating

• 15. Re: error 2130932483
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Very disappointing. Thanks for exploring the suggestion.

At the present time, is the burn to folder working at all so that you have a VIDEO_TS Folder

to take into ImgBurn? Or, still no go with burn to disc and burn to folder?

ATR

• 16. Re: error 2130932483
                                        CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Yes,

I burned a file to the disk and it has the VIDEO_TS folder in it.

I will try the ImgBurn

• 17. Re: error 2130932483
                                          CaptainJohn002 Level 1

AT thanks for the work around

i was able to to burn the file to a DVD successfully

this worked.  Still seems like a lot of work that the program should do by itself

thanks

• 18. Re: error 2130932483
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

CaptainJohn002

Great news

"I was able to to burn the file to a DVD successfully this worked."

If you want, after the Holidays time crunch is over, we can revisit the Burn To: Disc DVD for DVD-VIDEO

and see if we can figure out where the flaw is in the process.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks for your follow ups and staying with the troubleshooting.

Best wishes for the holidays and always

ATR

• 19. Re: error 2130932483
                                              gmclark1

I had this same error code problem with Premiere Elements 13 running Windows 7 on my laptop.  I read this entire string and was about to try the burn-to-folder thing, but instead, I tried something else and it worked perfectly.

I had noticed that while Premiere was encoding the media prior to burning the disc, the fan inside my laptop was running perpetually (but did not run at all either before or after the media encoding phase). Also, while Premiere was encoding, there was very little else I could do on my computer. For example, I tried pulling up Photoshop to do some other work while waiting for the video to encode, but it ran like a snail in a headwind until eventually bogging down completely.

I took the excessive fan operation and the bog-down as signs that the media encoding was severely taxing my laptop, which is only dual-core with 4 gig of RAM, and it was generating a lot of heat in the process (hence the fan).  I thought that might be affecting the internal DVD drive and causing the error, so I hooked up an external DVD drive and bingo ... I went through two successful video media encodings (one of an hour and 50 minutes in length, the other slightly shorter at 1:37), and have successfully burned 10 discs of each without ever seeing the error message again.

Just to test the flip side of the coin, I pulled a much smaller video into Premiere when my laptop was cooled down. It encoded the media and burned a handful of discs on my internal drive, and the error message never showed up. In other words, my internal DVD drive seems to work fine under less taxing circumstances.

So while this isn't totally scientific, it appears that excess heat in the hardware might be the cause of this error 2130932483, and buying a $20-$50 external DVD drive is a possible solution. I just happened to have one which I use to load stuff onto my tablet through its USB drive.

It would be interesting to hear if people with more core processors and bigger RAM, or even a desktop-tower type machine (with more air circulation in its cabinet) would still generate the error message.  If so, then heat may not be the problem, or the only problem.

• 20. Re: error 2130932483
                                                CaptainJohn002 Level 1

Well we did get thru the Holiday times and have not been burning any DVDs.

We have had a busy spring and just have not had the need to address this. But to answer your tip I do not think it is a heat issue.

Adobe does not address this very well and does not have much support other than loyal users.

I get the error on a desktop I had built just to run Elements,  with 3 fans / I7 processor Quad core / 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM Win 7 64 bit.

Have moved on to burn them to a file and just not use the Adobe to burn DVD, they cannot fix it

• 21. Re: error 2130932483
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Captain John

Good to see your post to gmclark1.

It has been a while since we exchanged posts. See you have been busy.

Did you want to revisit the burn to disc DVD for DVD-VIDEO and/or AVCHD? Did Adobe work with you on this issue with remote control of your computer troubleshooting?

I do not believe going to the latest version (13) holds any advantages for you in this regard at this time. However, you could take a look at the 13 tryout. But I would use that as a version 12 troubleshooting tool rather than a for purchase idea.

Best wishes for whatever is video editing decisions are.

ATR