6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 7:20 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything

m.campbell

Hello there  -

I have a Toshiba Satellite S50Dt-B with AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6 and 8 GB RAM with 737GB free on a 1 TB HDD.  The machine does not come with a dvd tray so I have an external Samsung Portable DVD Writer that I have plugged into the machine.  I cannot burn to dvd at all.  I have tried burning to folder, burning to iso and burning to dvd, nothing is working.  It will go through encoding media then freeze at the Burning stage at 0%.  No error message pops up and nothing in the event log other than Premier Elements hung and stopped unexpectantly (that error appears after force stopping the system).   Any assistance would be very helpful.  Btw I have looked through the forum and read the FAQ about burning and went through a few other threads to resolve the issue to no avail.

Thank you very much!

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
          A.T. Romano Level 7

m.campbell

Please go to Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace and Edit Menu/Preferences/General and evaluate your issue with and without a check mark next to

the preference relating to Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher.

How many USB connections does this external DVD burner require, one or two? Probably of little consequence if you cannot burn to folder as well as to disc.

Are you confirming that the Premiere Elements 13 burn dialog's Burner Location recognizes your DVD burner and that the Status field is recognizing

your disc when you burn to disc?

Depending on how the preference check out goes, please look at deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If necessary, delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Also

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

b. Are you running Premiere Elements 13 and QuickTime from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

c. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
            m.campbell Level 1

Thank you ATR.

I have tried everything you suggested above and it still has failed.

To answer you questions:

DVD burner requires one USB.

Yes Premiere is recognising the DVD Burner and Disc.

I updated Quicktime - no difference.

Yes my account has administrative privileges.

Yes the problem still exists with or without the Antivirus enabled.

Thank you for your quick response.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
              A.T. Romano Level 7

m.campbell

Let us target the Timeline content for the moment....

In each of your burn to  disc - iso image - folder, have you been using the same Timeline content - same project?

What happens if you put a few jpg photos on the Timeline of a new project and try for the burn to folder - does it work or not?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
                m.campbell Level 1

Yes the failure is on a certain project. Grabbing a new project and putting a couple of Gbs of video in has been able to create an iso, The project we are trying to burn has about 200Mb of photos (40) as a timed slide show, only 2 minutes in length with an audio track behind.

The project goes through the first stage then fails to burn to an iso file. Then cancel does not in fact cancel, it leaves the blue rotating ring there until you close the unresponsive program via windows.

How can we troubleshoot this project?

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
                  m.campbell Level 1

Further information, the system log - Application Log is reporting an error, Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premier Elements 13\MPEGHDVExport.exe". Dependent Assembly Plug-ins\Common\TSStrider;type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 13 will not burn to anything
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

m.campbell

Time for a mini recap

My first impression is that, since your issue appears to be specific to a given project, you are not dealing with a "could not be found".

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premier Elements 13\MPEGHDVExport.exe". Dependent Assembly Plug-ins\Common\TSStrider;type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

What are the pixel dimensions of your 40 photos? Are they jpg or psd?

If you take that project, make 2 copies of it, and then use the copies for the following mini test, what happens.

For Copy 1, delete the first 1/2 of the project, and move that to the beginning of the Timeline.  Try to burn to disc.

For Copy 2, delete the second 1/2 of the project, try to burn to disc.

ATR