1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 5:18 PM by A.T. Romano

Using JVC Everio GZ-HM445 files in Adobe Premiere Elements 13

jimberlin

I have an Everio GZ-HM445 and have video recorded in HD. Now I am having trouble making the file work properly in Elements 13. Is there something extra I need in Elements 13 to make this work, or is there something I need to do to the file before loading it into Elements 13? Once place it on my hard drive, there is an AVCHD folder with an MD (see Pic 1). When I choose the file a box appears (see Pic 2). When I click okay the file loads a folder (see Pic 3). When I click the folder 5 files appear all named the same, plus one extra little file (see Pic 4). When I choose one of the files it just doesn't work properly.  Thanks for your help.

Pic 1 Below

Pic 1.png

Pic 2 Below

Pic 2.png

Pic 3 Below

Pic 3.png

Pic 4 Below

Pic 4.png

• 1. Re: Using JVC Everio GZ-HM445 files in Adobe Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jimberlin

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

How are you importing your video into Premiere Elements - via the Video Importer or Files and Folder?

Let go over this...

First screenshot....those are informational files and not to be imported into Premiere Elements as you can tell from the non support message that you get.

Second screenshot....shows the BDMV Folder with all your AVCHD.mts files.

Third screenshot...shows the files inside the BDMV Folder, presumed AVCHD.mts.

Are you saying that you cannot work with 00000.mts, 00001.mts, 00002.mts, 00003.mts, 00004.mts, and 00005.mts?

If so, please elaborate on "doesn't work properly". Are you bringing all 5 files to the Timeline and find that it doesn't work properly?

If you did, by the looks of it, you should have about 19 GB of source media on the Timeline. What do your computer

resources look like?

Are you recording 1080i or 1080p with this camera?

ATR