15 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 8:56 AM by A.T. Romano

insert a title?

aperture14 Level 1

Is it possible to insert a title in the middle of a project? I'd like to drop in black screens with years (i.e. 2004). I've done that at the beginning of a project, but I didn't see an option to do that in the middle of a project, so it may be impossible. I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 13, Windows 8.1, 64 bit. Thanks!

• 1. Re: insert a title?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Are you dealing with just Timeline content on Video Track 1 into which you want to insert titles or do you have content, like audio in the tracks below Video Track 1?

ATR

• 2. Re: insert a title?
            aperture14 Level 1

I just have video with subtitles that I've added throughout. No audio. Thanks!

• 3. Re: insert a title?
              aperture14 Level 1

Hi ATR. I just have video with subtitles that I've added throughout. No audio. Do you have a thought on how I could insert black screens in the middle of my project? Thanks.

• 4. Re: insert a title?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

If you do not have audio below the video which might break up with the Insert to Timeline command...try the following and let me know

how it works. We can fine tune it further if necessary.

Move the Timeline Indicator to the far right of where you are working in the workspace.

Create your title in the Titler. Close the Title after the title is created. The title created will have automatically gone to the place where you had the

Timeline Indicator. There will also be a copy of it in Project Assets. Delete just that title on the Timeline.

Move the Timeline Indicator to where you want to insert the title.

Open Project Assets and right click the thumbnail of the title that you created. Select Insert to Timeline from the drop down menu. That is it.

Repeat as necessary.

I will think about this some more in the light of day.

ATR

• 5. Re: insert a title?
                  aperture14 Level 1

ATR, you are brilliant! That worked perfectly. Thank you.

And now I have another question. I keep getting this error message on my current (and second) project.

[..\...\SCR\RenderFrameRequest.cpp-121]

This persists even after I render, many times. Once it was followed by "problem with display driver." Adobe sometimes shuts down.

I assume that frame 121 has an error, and I'd be glad to delete it. I just don't know how to identify it.

Thank you.

• 6. Re: insert a title?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Thanks for the reply. Good news about the insert title. Let us see what we can do about the [..\...\SCR\RenderFrameRequest.cpp-121]

Please confirm what video card/graphics card your computer uses...See Device Manager/Display Adapters. Also note if more than 1 card.

Is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If the card is up to date, then let us delete the BadDrivers.txt file and determine if the resolve the issue of the errors that you described.

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Premiere Elements Folder in this path, you should find the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

You want to delete just that lone BadDrivers.txt file and nothing in any of those folders. Do not delete the CurrentDisplayDriver.txt file.

BadDrivers.JPG

Please see if any of the above works for you. If not, we will explore other possible troubleshooting for this error.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: insert a title?
                      aperture14 Level 1

Thank much. Will try that later today.

• 8. Re: insert a title?
                        aperture14 Level 1

Updated my Intel graphics card, but I don't think that did much. It's a new computer.

Followed your tips on how to delete baddrivers.txt, but there weren't any under Adobe.

Same error message keeps appearing.

• 9. Re: insert a title?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

The BadDrivers.txt file deletion can be a life saver so let us not give up on it yet.

The BadDrivers.txt file is in the Premiere Elements Folder which is in the Adobe Folder which is in the

Program Data Folder which is in the Local Disc C.

So, if you have not already, open the Adobe Folder and then the Premiere Elements in the Adobe Folder.

What you see should look like what you see in screenshot post 6.

If you still do not see that BadDrivers.txt file in the Premiere Elements Folder, then the computer may have it hidden.

To unhide it....

Get to the Windows 8.1 64 bit File Explorer to get to the Folder Options dialog. In the Folder Options dialog, go to its View Tab. Under the

View Tab, scroll down until you see the option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives and make sure that it is

selected. Then look again for the BadDrivers.txt file in the place indicated in the screenshot post 6 and delete it. It will be generated again

when you re-open the program, but now the problem should be gone.

ATR

• 10. Re: insert a title?
                            aperture14 Level 1

Dear ATR,

I successfully deleted the BadDrivers.txt, and the problem seems to be gone.

Thanks in part to your patient guidance, I completed two family videos for Christmas gifts that will be treasured. I'm grateful for your time and expertise. Happy holidays!

• 11. Re: insert a title?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Your message was a wonderful Christmas gift for me, knowing that you completed two family videos for Christmas gifts.

We were glad for the opportunity to be of assistance. We were just the back seat driver. You did all the work creating and producing

your family Christmas gifts.

Best wishes to you and your family - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

ATR

• 12. Re: insert a title?
                                robertd6072050

I have the *exact* same problem, error message that ends in ...cpp-121.

Except I'm on a Mac, so there's no "go here and delete the BadDrivers.txt file" option for me.

I'm losing about 3 hours of work unless I can recover this file.

Any ideas?

OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite / MacBook Pro 2014 model / Premiere Elements 13

• 13. Re: insert a title?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

robertd

What is happening when you get the error message [..\...\SCR\RenderFrameRequest.cpp-121]?

Please describe what you mean by

I'm losing about 3 hours of work unless I can recover this file.

I get the losing part but to what file are you referring? Are you talking about the project file and possibly having to start the project from the start or something else?

Please more details of the symptoms beyond the error message.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use, and is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. Do you have automatic updating of this driver?

Is the problem that you are having now "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

ATR

• 14. Re: insert a title?
                                    robertd6072050 Level 1

I worked on one project, saved the file, opened another project to make a change, rendered, quit, then went back to the first file to finish it up.

Ever since I get an undismissable dialogue box (clicking "Continue" just brings up the same error message over and over again). The error is the same as above. [..\...\SCR\RenderFrameRequest.cpp-121]

I have an auto-save point from 2.5 hours ago, which is beyond frustrating, since I was nearly finished, and that's back near the beginning of the file.

I've learned that manually saving (as I've done for decades) overrides the auto-save... which makes recovery from auto-saves pointless. This is me venting about that issue. Moving on.

It's a late 2014 MacBook Pro. Whatever built-in video card that comes with the unit, nothing special there. Any other project opens, can be edited, and works.

I had been doing a lot of text and titling on this particular video, so there's a ton of micro-edits I have to redo from scratch unless I can recover this file as-is.

I've already tried moving all of the media used to another location and saying "Skip All" during the loading process. That did not help.

I've repaired permissions on both my internal SSD and an external scratch SSD; no issues found. Restarted. Still stuck.

This is the error message. I can't provide any other information, because I can't get beyond this message.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.10.15 PM.png

• 15. Re: insert a title?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

robertd

Thanks for the update and additional information on your issue.

Are you getting this message by just opening the project or do you go into the Titler or Movie Menu customization area and get presented with the message?

What was the last action or edit that you made in this project file (.prel) when you saved closed it?

If you make a copy of the problem project and work from the copy, how far can you get into the copy project in the Expert workspace?

I am wondering if you could get into the working Timeline content long enough to remove some content at that level, looking for the problem file (s).

Was this problem project ever saved, closed and subsequently reopened no error message before this present situation?

ATR