4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 3:11 AM by marcusd.

LR 5.7 doen't longer support Ricoh GR Profiles?

marcusd. Level 1

Why? And how can I install a profile or a lens profile? In 5.6 it still exists.

• 1. Re: LR 5.7 doen't longer support Ricoh GR Profiles?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am seeing these "Ricoh GR" Camera profiles:

Pentax Ricoh GR Adobe Standard.dcp

RICOH GR A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO Adobe Standard.dcp

Ricoh GR DIGITAL 3 Adobe Standard.dcp

Ricoh GR DIGITAL 4 Adobe Standard.dcp

RICOH GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5 Adobe Standard.dcp

In my LR 5.7 Resources folder on Windows 8.1.2:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard

Is the profile you're looking for an even different "Ricoh GR" camera model or are there no "Ricoh GR" profiles at all?  If not then reinstall LR 5.7 and they may return.

If LR 5.6 has more than these 5 then maybe something did happen with LR 5.7.  I don't feel like installing LR 5.6 just to see what profiles it has.

• 2. Re: LR 5.7 doen't longer support Ricoh GR Profiles?
            marcusd. Level 1

Hi, thanks for your help!

Yes there is also a Ricoh Profile in 5.7 - I didn't check the directory directly.

But I still missing a lens profile for the camera?

Adobe Lens Profile Downloader has no one for Ricoh GR, that's pitty.

• 3. Re: LR 5.7 doen't longer support Ricoh GR Profiles?
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The way to understand if there are camera profiles for a particular camera's RAW files, isn't looking for files in the file system, it is to look in the Profile area of the Camera Calibration section at the bottom of the righthand Develop panel.  It should say Adobe Standard, there.  Your camera produces DNGs so there is also a camera-manufacturer-produced camera profile embedded in the DNG raw file, so your camera has two camera profiles:  embedded and Adobe Standard. 

As far as lens profiles, your camera's optical system has no zoom capabilities so the optical design may have been perfected sufficiently so as to not need any corrections.  Alternatively, since your camera has no optical viewfinder that would show what the lens is producing directly, the camera may be doing its own corrections both to the LCD view and the camera-produced DNGs before they are written to the memory card.

For removable lens DSLR cameras with an optical viewfinder, lens corrections are usually necessary and are typically stored in an external profile that you can see by looking in the file system and select by going to the lens-correction tab.

For mirrorless cameras that have no optical viewfinder but do have removable lenses, lens corrections are needed, but the camera does them automatically as it writes the JPGs and Adobe software has built-in lens profiles that are always on and not selectable and so it can appear that these cameras don't have lens profiles, but they do, they are just built-in.

The newer versions of the Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop, which does the same processing as the Camera Raw engine in Lightroom, does indicate if a built-in profile is being used, and I checked a Ricoh GR sample DNG files from PhotographyBlog.com and there is no indication in the ACR plug-in about a built-in lens profile being used, so in your case, no lens profile is needed.

• 4. Re: LR 5.7 doen't longer support Ricoh GR Profiles?
                marcusd. Level 1

Great information! Thanks a lot!!!