I need some help
I have not been able to update my flash player for some time. I have just ignored it until now when I would like to run something but I cannot since it's old.
What happens when I try to update us I click to download the update, then upen Adobe Flash Player Installer file to install. I small window pops up that is black and thats it. Nothing. If I try and X that window out I can't. I then have to open the task manager to shut it down that way.
I looked online to see if I could fix then and came across opening up plug ins and making sure they are all set to active and they are.
I am running Firefox and still have IE on my computer so I went in there to see if its the same and it is there too.
How to I fix the problem to update the latest version?
When I went into IE I took a screen shot, this is identical to Firefox which is what I run normally.
Are you using Windows 7?
I had a problem updating flash player earlier. I use Windows 7 and FireFox. Here's what I did:
1) Uninstall the old version
2) Click on this link and choose Save File (from the adobe site -- after searching for a solution over a long frustrating period of time):
3) Close the browser (I was using FireFox)
4) Go to your downloads folder (or wherever your downloads go)
5) Find the file that says: install_flash_player
6) Open that file
7) Follow its directions and then re-open FireFox and try to watch something. It should work.
Thank you so much! Worked