7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 6:58 AM by Willi Adelberger

Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible

jonasdr Level 1

Hello,

I need to create a lay-out with Arabic content in Indesign CC (2014 release). After checking how to go about that via the help-section (online and PDF) I have to conlude that the help does not help me any further.

It says I need to, from the paragraph panel options, set InDesign to the world-ready paragraph composer in order to have the text direction etc. features enabled. This, however, is not the case. The panel still looks like before and I get no Arabic / hebrew features.

This is the same for the character panel, wich also does not give the shown options for Character direction as shown in the Help screenshots.

I have followed all the suggestions in the help section.

I have also tried setting the default paragraph editor to World-Ready via the preferences, and then restart the program, but still no success.

Please advise, it's urgent.

• 1. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

You have to install additionally the Arabic AND the Hebrew version.

Go to the CC app, preferences, change App Language to Arabic, install it, then change language to Hebrew, install it, then change language to your primary Language and let the programm run.

Each installing adds language specific plugins into your primary installation. That does not mean that your program runs Arabic or Hebrew, the language is (when installed) always the same as your OS, but it adds functions which are needed to work with these languages. (It would be the very same with other languages too, like Chinese or Japanese.)

• 2. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible
            jonasdr Level 1

Hello William,

Thank you for your reply.

Strange that there is no note about that in the Help section of Adobe CC..

Sounds pretty straight forward, thanks!

Kind regards,

Jonas

[email signature modified by moderator]

• 3. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible
              Migintosh Level 4

Jonas, you might want to edit your reply. Most people don't like their personal info on a public forum. It usually happens if you respond via email, and your email signature is included.

• 4. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible
                jonasdr Level 1

Hi again William:-)

So, I went into the general CC app, changed the App Language to 'Englisch followed by Arabic script' (presuming this is supposed to be 'Arabic'), and then.... no install button or pop-up.

The only thing I can choose is the install location, wich says default location, behind it there's a button "choose". Going in there I am lost, totally lost as I have no clue where to go.

realy, they should make this plug and play;-)

Can you assist again please?

many thanks,

Jonas

• 5. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible

You might to have to restart the cc app. It has often a latence time. Sometimes you need to restart the computer to install a different language.

Viele Grüße

Wilhelm Georg Adelberger

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 12.12.2014 um 14:35 schrieb jonasdr <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by jonasdr in InDesign - View the full discussion

Hi again William:-)

So, I went into the general CC app, changed the App Language to 'Englisch followed by Arabic script' (presuming this is supposed to be 'Arabic'), and then.... no install button or pop-up.

The only thing I can choose is the install location, wich says default location, behind it there's a button "choose". Going in there I am lost, totally lost as I have no clue where to go.

realy, they should make this plug and play;-)

Can you assist again please?

many thanks,

Jonas

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7008590#7008590 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7008590#7008590

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 6. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible
                    jonasdr Level 1

Hi William,

It worked!

Allthough I did not understand that, from the CC panel, I should install the entire app again. Thought this would go through the preferences window, but I noticed that, when changing the App language in the preferences, the app-list in in the panel changes.

Only thing is now: all the preferences and personal workspaces are gone:-(

Adobe realy doesn't make it easy, unless you're into IT, wich i am totally and absolutely not;-)

Antways,

thanks for the usefull info;

Have a great weekend

• 7. Re: Arabic and Hebrew features InDesign CC (2014 release) not accessible

Hi,

Every change of plugins is resetting preferences.

Each language has its own preferences. But you move or copy them manually but you might adjust them afterward, because everylanguage has not the same functionality. At least not on the same place.

Viele Grüße

Wilhelm Georg Adelberger

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 12.12.2014 um 15:18 schrieb jonasdr <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by jonasdr in InDesign - View the full discussion

Hi William,

It worked!

Allthough I did not understand that, from the CC panel, I should install the entire app again. Thought this would go through the preferences window, but I noticed that, when changing the App language in the preferences, the app-list in in the panel changes.

Only thing is now: all the preferences and personal workspaces are gone:-(

Adobe realy doesn't make it easy, unless you're into IT, wich i am totally and absolutely not;-)

Antways,

thanks for the usefull info;

Have a great weekend

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7008710#7008710 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7008710#7008710

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.