4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 2:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Does Premiere Elements 13 Include Any Audio Backgrounds?

pone33 Level 1

Premiere Elements 11 included sample soundtracks, which were quite useful when doing a simple home video.   In Premiere Elements 13 the soundtrack I had previously embedded is now missing.   Does Premiere Elements 13 include any sample background tracks, and how do I add those to a new video?

• 1. Re: Does Premiere Elements 13 Include Any Audio Backgrounds?
          whsprague Level 4

There are a lot of them under the Audio tab in the lower right hand corner.  I think more than 11, but I deleted 11 and can't look!

If there is not enough variety for your taste, you can add sound from lots of sources through the Add Media function.   For example there is a guy named Eric Matyas that has a website where he gives away music he has created.  You download the music clip to your computer, remember where you put it, use Add Media to put into Assets and then drag it to an audio line.

http://soundimage.org/

I can explain more if it helps or others don't chime in.

• 2. Re: Does Premiere Elements 13 Include Any Audio Backgrounds?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

pone33

In answer to your specific question

Does Premiere Elements 13 include any sample background tracks, and how do I add those to a new video?

Can we assume that you mean SmartSounds soundtracks whose duration can be adjusted without compromising the arrangement. If so,

Premiere Elements 11 has SmartSounds soundtracks (free and those that can be purchased from SmartSounds). Premiere Elements 13 does not. Premiere Elements 13 has instead Music Score soundtracks which are in concept like SmartSounds, but are not SmartSounds. I see no opportunity to purchase more of these from Adobe.

Premiere Elements 13 has these Music Score soundtracks under its Audio Tab. You select one and drag it to the Soundtrack. When you do, you will see a

Creating Score progress dialog, followed by a Score Property dialog (for adjustments). After you click Done to the Score Property dialog, you make your duration adjusts to the soundtrack on the Timeline Soundtrack without compromising the arrangement.

The following is what you should expect to find under Audio Tab/and specifically Music Score

Music Score has 7 subcategories and a total of 51 free soundtracks, customizable according to SmartSound concept, but this is not SmartSound . The Music Score subcategories and the number of soundtracks in them are Ambient (6), Atmospheric (8), Blues (2), Country (5), Rock-Pop (22), Urban (4), and Weddings (5).

I will not go into Premiere Elements 11 Music Tab and its SmartSound type offerings since you have the program and you know what is there.

If you are interested in just background music lacking the SmartSound concept, you can explore (assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Music

to determine if you see a list of soundtracks there.

The Elements Organizer 13 is new, and I would need to double check if this is the same as Premiere Elements 12.0. I believe it is.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Does Premiere Elements 13 Include Any Audio Backgrounds?
              whsprague Level 4

One might think ATR is suggesting Premier Elements 11, 12 or 13 have limitations or restrictions making only the Adobe provided tracks easy to use.

Like I tried to say, it is VERY EASY to use ANY sound source you find from the internet, sound recordings you make or from your stock of video clips.  You can even purchase tracks from SmartSounds, and other sources, through the Vimeo Music Store.   They all work.

If you post a question on how to do it or where to look for sources, the magic in this forum will send me an email and I will be happy to help.

• 4. Re: Does Premiere Elements 13 Include Any Audio Backgrounds?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

pone33

Just to confirm that I am not saying or suggesting anything more than "I see no opportunity to purchase more of these from Adobe."

Premiere Elements 11 has SmartSounds soundtracks (free and those that can be purchased from SmartSounds). Premiere Elements 13 does not. Premiere Elements 13 has instead Music Score soundtracks which are in concept like SmartSounds, but are not SmartSounds. I see no opportunity to purchase more of these from Adobe.

Stock music (if that is what you seek) can be of the type

a. With the SmartSound concept (SmartSound Premiere Elements 11 - Music Score Premiere Elements 12 and 13) where you can alter the file duration without changing the arrangement

and

b. No SmartSound concept - where altering the file duration changes the arrangement

These soundtracks (a or b) are best used as the wav version.

From your initial post, I have assumed that your focus is those soundtracks with the SmartSound concept. Is that correct? This makes a difference in the "They All Work" philosophy when you go to start altering the duration of a non SmartSound concept soundtrack. What I have written in post 2 should give you an overview of the situation.

If you need any further clarification of what I wrote, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR