14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 5:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?

Main Menu

I have inserted a picture inside the frame on the main menu template. It fitted perfect, even when I did a preview. But after burning the DVD the picture had shifted.

I also changed the title text underneath the picture. Looked good but again after burning, The font, font size, and layout had changed. It even had added some letters and symbols in the middle of the text. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

main menu

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Is the setup NTSC or PAL?

What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset for this project in order to match the properties

of your source media? If you do not know, please tell us the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General readings that you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if grayed out).

What did you select for the burn to disc...if Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13 in NTSC setup

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD disc

with preset = NTSC_Dolby Digital? or with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?

Which specific disc menu theme did you select, and did its thumbnail in display area have "HD" in the upper right corner of

the thumbnail?

Let us start here and then plan the appropriate troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
            Main Menu Level 1

Thank you for your quick response. Sorry I didn't include all the details

to answer my question.

Here are the answers.

I'm using, as of recent, version 13 of Premier Elements and running this on

Windows 7, Setting: NTSC.

I used the following default settings:

Editing mode: HD1080i

Time base: 29.97 frames/second

Frame size: 1920H-1080V

PAR: Square pixels (1.0)

Fields: Upper field first

Display format: 30 fps  Drop frame timecode

Title safe area: 20% H-20% V

Action Safe area: 10% H-10% V

To burn DVD I used Adobe's Public+Share settings: DVD - Preset:

NTSC-Widescreen_Dolby DVD

As theme I used: art in motion with HD symbol.

All else creating my video worked well except this Movie Menu issue messes

me up all the time.

I hope this will give you enough information to help me get rid of this

problem once and for all.

Best wishes,

Herman Maas☺

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

• 3. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Herman Maas

Thanks for all the helpful information.

Just, what are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline 1920 x 1080p30, 1280 x 720p30, NTSC DV Widescreen, or something else?

When you were in the Edit area with this project, were there any black borders around your video in the monitor or was the monitor space filled

with the video?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                Main Menu Level 1

Perhaps here is where my problem lies?

My video is made up of 17 video clips, downloaded from the internet. These

are various clips of short music concerts. Most of them have a frame size

of 640 H x 360 V. But there are several with variable frame sizes. And yes,

there are several with a black border all around or on both sides only and

there are several that fill the screen. Most of the clips have a frame rate

of 25 except one with 29 and another one with 23. Bit rate and data rate

vary all over the place.

All the clips are .mp4.

Hope this helps,

Herman Maas☺

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

• 5. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Herman Maas

Could you invest a DVD disc in the following mini test

Using this same project, when you get to Movie Menu customization, do not do anything. Leave the default text and do not insert

any picture. Click Done in Movie Menu customization and move on to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

Do you see the same irregularities in the main menu when you play back the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc on your DVD player?

The non customized main menu should look like

ArtInMotion.JPG

If that looks OK, then we go back to explore your step by step in Movie Menu customization. If that does not look OK,

then we will probably explore deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and then maybe uninstall, free ccleaner

run through, and then reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for the results of this mini test when you get the chance.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you have a screenshot of the after burn to disc messed up menu, please post it in jpg format using

the Insert Image (camera icon) of the Reply.

• 6. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                    Main Menu Level 1

Hello ATR.

I have not been available for the weekend to write you back but it gave me

some time to think. To think about, why can't I see the irregularities

before I burn a DVD?

When I came back to the project I started again from scratch by inserting

the picture and the same text. Saved the project and closed Adobe Premier.

Then I opened it again, with the result that everything had changed as I

described before. Not that I'm cheap, by wasting a disk but I saved myself

a lot of time.

I have attached a before and after picture.

My photo is a 16:9 format. This I changed to a square format because the

frame in the movie menu is just about square. This solved the problem of

the picture wanting to shift.

The text, however, is still having the problem. It seems it doesn't like

double lines. I know it is meant to just have a small movie title but I

wrote a comment underneath the picture that required 2 lines because the

picture itself already had the title included.

So, in a way I answered my own questions but if you feel I'm going the

wrong way about it, please let me know.

While we're at it, is there a way to adjust the volume of the music that is

inserted in the movie menu?

Best regards,

Herman Maas☺

• 7. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Main Menu

Let me start with your latest question

is there a way to adjust the volume of the music that is

inserted in the movie menu?

There is no way to adjust the volume of audio that you insert into the disc menus while you are in the disc menu customization area of the program. But, there is a way to adjust that audio as follows

1. Import the original audio from the hard drive save location into a Premiere Elements project.

2. Adjust the volume* of the audio import on Expert workspace Timeline Audio Track 1.

3. Export the Timeline with its audio content (volume adjusted) using Publish+Share/Compute/Audio

with the preset for MP3 High Quality or Windows Waveform.

4. Then insert that MP3 or WAV into the disc menu** from the computer hard drive save location for the audio file.

*For Timeline audio volume adjust...highlight video clip, go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel expanded.

**Audio insert is max 30 seconds looping. No changing that. But, in disc menu customization, can change the start point for the audio insert.

Other question/reply in next post.

ATR

• 8. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Main Menu

Now with regard to the shifting picture insert and main menu text for the title.

I have looked at this in mini test runs. I cannot confirm a problem whether my insert was 16:9 or 4:3

for the space reserved for the video or still background insert in Art In Motion HD. So, I am not sure why your square picture instead

of 16:9 was the answer to the shifting picture insert. But, it worked for you. So, we will enjoy the success. But the

whys remain for me. If you wanted to invest more time in this, we could goes deeper into this. But it might be advisable

to see if these issues re-present in your next project.

As for the text, I cannot confirm a problem with one or two lines of text for the main menu title.

Could you post a screenshot of what these irregularities are looking like?

With the text concerns (2 lines), how many words are there in each line of text? Are you working with the

Safety Margins on in the disc menu customization area?

ATR

• 9. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                          Main Menu Level 1

I don't know why you didn't get the 2nd picture. I sent the before and

after.

Here is the after or irregular picture.

Herman Maas☺

• 10. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Herman Maas

Thanks for the reply. So far none of the screenshots have gotten posted.

Are you sending your replies by email notification or cell phone? If so, you might try using your computer browser to sign into the Adobe

Premiere Elements Forum and post your screenshots (as jpg) with the Reply's Insert Image icon (camera looking).

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                              Main Menu Level 1

Here is another try to insert the images. The left one is what I would like to see and the right one is what I get.  Herman.

2014-12-15_screenshot before.jpg2014-12-15_screenshot after.jpg

• 12. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Herman Maas

Great screenshots.

I will do some experimenting to see if I can produce what appears to be a zoomed in and stretched look before after.

If you play back the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc that has this menu problem and hit the Play Movie button, is the video changed

as well?

Just to confirm my understanding of your background information

Premiere Elements 13

Windows 7 64 bit

Project Preset = NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30

Burn to DVD disc = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD

Movie Menu = Art In Motion (display area thumbnail has HD in upper right corner).

If you have not done so already, please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Pref file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole

13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files,

Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks you for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 13. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                                  Main Menu Level 1

Hi A.T.

The answer to your first question: The main video has not been affected.

All the background data you listed, is correct.

I deleted the Adobe Premier Elements Pref file. I started a new project

with only one of the video clips I had downloaded, took the original movie

menu steps (including the double line text) and burned a DVD and.... to my

delight, no discrepancies.

I think we can close it off now. With this whole exercise corresponding

back and forth and your excellent guidance, I'm happy now.

I'm going to burn one more disk, this time with 2 different formatted video

clips. Just to make sure. If it goes wrong, I might be back.

In the mean time I'd like to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a

prosperous 2015.

Herman

Herman Maas☺

Tel: (613) 475-0866

Cell: (613) 920-0886

hamfgb <hamfgb@gmail.com>gmail.com <hamfgb@gmail.com>

Get a signature like this.

<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-ins tall%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>

CLICK

HERE.

<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-ins tall%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:52 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 14. Re: Picture moves and text changes in the template of the movie menu after burning a DVD. How can I prevent this?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Herman Maas

That for the updates and additional information on your Premiere Elements issues.

Best of all, I am very glad to learn of your successes. Great job.

Best wishes for the Holiday, New Year, and always

ATR