6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 5:25 AM by schwabby2

Something wrong with .png format!

schwabby2 Level 1

Hey everyone, anyone!

Have you all noticed that there is an issue with the .png format? I have been on multiple boards now searching for an answer. Everyone is answering the people like they are noobs to the whole process.

I am not a noob, far from it. But I can't not save a transparent .png out on any format.

Here are some facts.

If I save it as a .png on my mac, it is not transparent even though it shows as transparent in the document.

I have used 24 bit, I have checked the Alpha Channel and even made a alpha mask.

If I drag it to my pc, it does show up as transparent.

But...if I save a .png on the pc, it still has the white background on the mac.

I have icons on folders and documents that are transparent that I copied and pasted a couple of weeks ago, but those exact same files can not be copied and pasted as transparent anymore.

I first noticed a .png issue on an app that I use daily on my ipad. I figured it was just a problem of the programmer with the new system 8 update.

I do not have the new Apple System update on my ipad, iMac or Macbook Pro.

All three of them can not see a transparent .png file.

The boards are also full of people that can't write a transparent .png out of fireworks, inkscape, gimp or photoshop!

The forums all over the internet are full of Windows pc's that can't see a transparent .png file. What has happened, what has changed? What is going on?

Anyone on an insider track that can give insight into this issue?