1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 7:41 AM by elie-d

icc profiles are not being recognized by epson printer from LR 5 in Mac OS 10.10 yosemite

Striebig Level 1

After switching to Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) my epson 3880 is no longer recognizing the icc profiles. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've already reinstalled all epson drivers and printer options to no avail. I'm thinking that lightroom and the printer are not communicating the icc profile info?

• 1. Re: icc profiles are not being recognized by epson printer from LR 5 in Mac OS 10.10 yosemite
          elie-d Level 4

Striebig wrote:

I'm thinking that lightroom and the printer are not communicating the icc profile info?

That's not how it works. If LR does the color management, it converts the image from its working space (linear ProPhoto RGB) to the space defined by the ICC printer profile that you have designated in the Print module and sends to the printer that (converted) data. The printer driver should be set to "No Color Management" and therefore has no need to know the ICC profile. If you set LR to "Color Management: Managed by Printer", no profile is designated in LR, the data is sent unconverted, and you have to set the driver interface to the appropriate ICC profile - again no communication of the printer profile, although LR does send data that describes the working space so that the driver can make the conversion.