• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Links won't open New Window, Whole Page

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 11, Internet Explorer 11. Multiscreen HTML5 layout.

I'm trying to experiment with the different ways of opening links: New Window, Whole Page, Same Frame, etc.
Yesterday the different variations worked the way they should, but today every link in the TOC opens as if set to "Default (none)".

As for Links on topic pages, "New Window" opens a new tab, and "Whole Page" seems to go to Default (including the sidebar, which I gather should not be there).

Any ideas?

-- Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Responsive or Multiscreen?

For the HTML5 version, the frame options for links won't work.

• New Window should open a new tab. That is as expected.
  • The rest will work like a regular link.

The frame options really are just for WebHelp only. And only the new window and whole page make any sense.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Multiscreen HTML5.

I want the user to see the video, by name, in the navigation pane on the left, but the video has to open in a window or tab without the navigation pane (which is why I wanted "New Window" or "Whole Screen".)  Is there a way to accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of video are you inserting, and how are you doing that? You could create a link to a page outside the help system that hosts the video. A link to a different topic will simply open up the skin again.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use full screen size on PC then TOC links open full new page OK. But when I view same on iphone or android tablet the targeted page opens in the original frame. If then I click on link from the embedded site it clears to full frame. I've tried html 'break out' code all over the place but no luck. My site is legalmax.info.

Cheers

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? What flavour of output are you creating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 11 & Responsive.

Cheers

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, posting in here - https://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/multiscreen_html5 - might help you more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ta 4 that but can't find anything that helps.

Cheers

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried below & it seems to help. Setting links in TOC to whole page or new window is a start.

In glossary.htm, index.htm, index1.htm & searchresults.htm changed table_of_contents.htm" target="_top to table_of_contents.htm" target="_blank.

This seemed to help.

Also completely clearing history on target device also seems to help.

Cheers

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp