Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 crashes-Robo 5 project when using conditional build tags

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I had no build tags in my project, and it was an R5 project. I just upgrated to R6. I need to use the tags & when I put a build tag or two in the project on the topic level and compile it and it crashes. Based on a prior thread (related to merged cells in tables) I removed any merged cells I had in my tables and I was able to replace them with table captions. I also tried to place the build tag only on the folder level and only on the TOC level both crashed. Unfortunately it still crashes when I compile it without the merged cells in a table. I did create a brand new project and test and I was in fact able to compile it.

My project was "somewhat lost" meaning I renamed it and then compiled it and it didn't fully compile. Two folders showed up in the compiled project, however all the folders were in the project folder when I looked via explorer. I found the CHM file from prior to renaming it and I decompiled it from that CHM file and recompiled it with the hhp builder tool.

Any thoughts? PS. I am only a year using this product, so please keep that in mind :)

Thank you Rebecca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's now another thread going with a different problem but after renaming. First question is are there any spaces in the project name?

Second, is this a project you would be allowed to zip and send me? If so, how big is the zip file?

How practical would it be to start importing the topics into the new working project and compiling every so often to see where it falls over?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thank you for the suggestion. I created a new project, new folders, imported the files a few at a time & compiled it each time (with one build tag in it) and found that only two files made it crash. On the one file, I removed the tables (which had no merged cells) from the project and it worked. The other file was removed completly and I will re-do that page.

I then opened my current project (with all links & pictures etc TOC working) and imported the changed file and removed the other file and wala....I have a useable project.

The project was on our own software so unfortunately I would not be able to share it.

Being a relativley new (1.5 yrs) user, I find running into bugs are brutal....Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

This may not help you much. I think I am only posting out of heartfelt sympathy. I have a V6 project that has been stable for months and then I started to add (just a few) build tags for some content that was in development, but not yet ready for the users. Wham! Suddenly, I could not generate or publish the FlashHelp. I take the build tags out...smooth sailing. I put (even one) back in...disaster. As soon as we get this current project out there (two weeks) we are going to upgrade to 7.

Best Regards,
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe

Have you looked at Snippets and searched as indicated to check there are no merged cells.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much. This sounds promising. I have not had time to do further research, but I would like to look at Snippets. Sorry...please tell me what that is and how to access it. Is it (snippets) elsewhere on the Adobe site? Yes, I have noticed a few postings that talk about the (odd) connection between merged table cells and build tags. If that is the case, then I can say that my recent problems have occurred just after merging some table cells.
Please advise about the snippets.
Thanks,
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, Snippets on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp