1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 8:44 AM by Peter Spier

How do I make a paper book?

grandmother book

I am trying to make, design, construct a book for my 2 year old grandson, TITLED "Gavin's

Great Adventure".  I want to place text and pictures (from Dropbox) on back-to-back pages.  I would like to use"card stock" paper which is easier for little fingers.  I would like the page size to be half of a LETTER 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.  I wonder if I can arrange two pages on 1 image. I wish to print it on my printer, but probably will have it bound professionally.  ID was recommended by an employee of Kinko's.  I purchased an older version, CS6, for my "older word program.  I can not find step-by-step instructions to complete this task.   PLEASE HELP THIS GRANDMOTHER GIVE HER GRANDSON THE GIFT OF A PAPER BOOK.

• 1. Re: How do I make a paper book?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The short answer is you should set up a document as "Facing Pages" with a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 and with reasonable margins and some multiple of 4 pages, but the longer answer is you are probably in way over your head. InDesign is a professional layout application and it has a pretty steep learning curve. You might be able to muddle through with the help of Sandee Cohen's book, Visual QuickStart Guide for InDesign, or by doing some online training at lynda.com, but unless you have prior experience in the layout field I wouldn't count on making this a Christmas gift unless you get some help from someone who knows what they are doing.