5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 12:36 PM by hans-g.

I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?

rarthur3

I am a creative cloud member, and Have Photoshop CC, Photoshop CC 64 bit, and Photoshop CC 2014 on my computer.  Do I need all 3?

• 1. Re: I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?
          Level 5

Well, you need Photoshop CC2014 because it is the latest version.

If you use the Oil Paint filter, you need to keep CC because that filter was eliminated in CC2014,

Strictly speaking, you can live without any version of Photoshop at all.  It's not like you're going to die from asphyxiation without Photoshop.

My point is that only you can make that determination for yourself.

• 2. Re: I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?
            gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've always kept at least one earlier version installed as backup. With drives averaging 250 GB and up, it's not taking up significant space.

And since the CC 2014 is HTML based, some extensions and plugins that worked in CC will not work in CC 2014. Keep CC if you want or need the discontinued features.

Gene

• 3. Re: I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?
              hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello rarthur3,

I personally removed elder versions without any problems. Sometimes I let them, to see the differences (out of interest, to edit or to compare files with old versions). In today's hard disk size should be no problem. However, I do not let them run in parallel. I would use the elder versions always' again until it has emerged, which is the optimal.

What affects the speed I did not have any negative experiences. Here in the forum, the recommendation is often one should empty the cache and something like this.

Hans-Günter

• 4. Re: Re: I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?
                Level 5

HG, you mean "older" (älter) not "elder". 

eld·er1

adjective

comparative adjective: elder

(of one or more out of a group of related or otherwise associated people) of a greater age."my elder daughter"
                  synonyms:older, senior, big
                  "his elder brother"

•  

used to distinguish between related famous people with the same name.comparative adjective: Elder"Pliny the Elder"

nounplural noun: elders; plural noun: one's elders; noun: elder

1. 1.
                  a person of greater age than someone specified."schoolchildren were no less fascinated than their elders"

•  

a person of advanced age.

•  

a leader or senior figure in a tribe or other group."a council of village elders"
                    synonyms:leader, senior figure, patriarch, father
                    "the native elders"

an official in the early Christian Church, or of various Protestant Churches and sects.

• 5. Re: I have 3 versions, should I uninstall 2 of them?
                  hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After the correction from above:

Hello rarthur3,

I personally removed older (not "elder") versions without any problems. Sometimes I let them, to see the differences (out of interest, to edit or to compare files with old versions). In today's hard disk size should be no problem. However, I do not let them run in parallel. I would use the older (not "elder") versions always' again until it has emerged, which is the optimal.

What affects the speed I did not have any negative experiences. Here in the forum, the recommendation is often one should empty the cache and something like this.

Hans-Günter