3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 2:26 PM by A.T. Romano

My adobe premiere elements editor doesn't work

Beanz718

I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements as a package. My Photoshop works fine, but my premiere isn't working. The organizer allows me to import photos and videos, but it won't allow me to do any edits. I have windows 8.1 with my PC. Any ideas as to what i can do to let the editor for premiere work?

Thanks

• 1. Re: My adobe premiere elements editor doesn't work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Beanz718

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

How far do you get into Premiere Elements 13....Can you Sign In and see the Welcome Screen and/or one of the workspaces?

a. Do you import source media into the Premiere Elements Editor, and the program freezes and crashes when you try to do that

(if so, what are the properties of your source media?)

or

b. Is it that you cannot import any file into the Premiere Elements Editor- you cannot get beyond Video and New Project in the Welcome Screen

or

c. Is it that you can import source media into the Premiere Elements Editor, you start to edit the source media on the Timeline, then the program freezes or crashes

(if this is the case, what are you doing in the Timeline when this happens?)

Above I have taken for granted that you are importing into the Premiere Elements Editor with one of the Add Media choices like Files and Folders. Are you instead importing into Elements Organizer 13 and trying to switch from there to the Premiere Elements workspace for video editing?

For whatever is happening, are there any error messages associated with the event? Have you checked the Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs and its Applications for error or warning messages?

Bottom line, please supply more details so that we can plan troubleshooting strategy for your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: My adobe premiere elements editor doesn't work
            Beanz718 Level 1

When the welcome screen comes on and i click on video editor and click new project, the sign on screen pops up, and nothing happen. When i click on organizer, I'm able to import videos and pictures into the premiere elements (13) organizer. When i click on the editor, it tells me this "feature doesn't support files selected. Audio clips, movie and projects will skip".

• 3. Re: My adobe premiere elements editor doesn't work
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Beanz718

Thanks for the reply. When the Sign In Screen pops up after you select Video and then New Project in the Welcome Screen, does the Sign In screen that pops up mention anything about "License this Product" or "Continue Trial"?

Are you confirming that you are working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? And, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer?

Let us try this...

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the file name specifically Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

a. Right click that file and select Run As Administrator.

b. Then double click the file to open it.

Does Premiere Elements 13 Editor open to the Quick or Expert workspace?

We will watch for those results in order to decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Depending on results from the above, you may want to evaluate the following 12 troubleshooting to determine if any of it

has any impact on your 13 situation.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open