4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 2:58 PM by DdeGannes

Lightroom 5.7 not opening Photoshop CC2014 - says it needs newer ACR version

REDennis Level 1

Hello -

Well, a new problem has come up.  I've got a CC membership, and all current versions of Lightroom, PS CC 2014, PS CC, and PS CS6.  ACR version currently installed on the system is 8.7.1.  System is Windows 7.

All was working a-okay until today.  Now, when I try to open a RAW file from Lightroom into Photoshop, I get the following error message:

------------------------------------------

"This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 8.7 for full compatibility.

Camera Raw version 4.6 is the latest version available for Photoshop CS3. If raw file support for your camera was introduced after Camera Raw 4.6, the Photoshop integration features in Lightroom require Photoshop CS4 and the latest Camera Raw version 5 plug-in.

The version of the Camera Raw plug-in currently installed is 0.0"

------------------------------------------

And then it prompts me to cancel or open anyway.  Opening either fails or prompts me to create a new PSD file within Photoshop and does not open ACR in Photoshop.  When I select multiple files to photomerge (which I do a lot for panos), opening in Photoshop fails completely.

Well, as stated above I have all current versions of the software installed.  In attempts to rectify the problem I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom, separately downloaded and reinstalled ACR v8.7.1.  Photoshop CC pop up menu indicates all software is up to date.

I have no idea what is going on or how to rectify this issue.  Any and all help is appreciated.