2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 12:00 PM by photosbytw

importing images to iMac to use in lightroom

photosbytw Level 1

As a pc user for the last 10 years. I bought a 27" iMac. Now I'm completely at sea...Talk about a whole different world.

What I'm atempting to do is download my images into a folder of my choosing, avoiding Apples' iPhoto all together, so that I may import to LR5.

I could do this on my pc, no problem, but now..................??

Trying to avoid having duplicate photo files which appears would happen if I downloaded to iPhoto and imported to LR.

Any help?

• 1. Re: importing images to iMac to use in lightroom
          Bob Somrak Level 5

Use "Image Capture" in Applications for transfering from camera or card to the directory of your choice OR you can just have Lightroom import directly into the folder of your choice using COPY and set Destination to "into one folder" OR just use Finder to copy the files to the destination of you choice.  I have had trouble with a direct Lightroom import from camera in the past but it seems to work now with my three cameras.   I have AVOIDED Iphoto completely.

Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 7.33.54 PM.png

• 2. Re: importing images to iMac to use in lightroom
            photosbytw Level 1

Thanks for the push in the right direction Bob.

You're dead on with iPhoto, its' just a little brother to LR. I stopped using LR to import for some time. I felt importing from the memory card directly to a computer file and then importing from the file to LR gave me more control.

Thanks again.

tw