1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 10:12 AM by Herbert2001

how to draw a conical arch in FW, which I can measure close up?

mikeote1

Hi,

Thanks for looking at the thread. I'm trying to sketch up a simple eco house design in fireworks. The build method I'm intending to use is called Earthbag or Superadobe. This method lends itself to being build into a dome, if you looked at a cross section of this dome shape it would look like a conical arch.

I know how to draw a conical arch on paper, you simply have the pivot point of a compass 150% away from the drawing end, so if you wanted to draw an arch line which is 300mm high you'd have the pivot point 450mm from the part of the compass which holds the pencil.

If you were to using this compass position to draw a circle it would be 900 in diameter. I thought of making two 900 pixel circles in FW and having them intersect at the right place and delete the parts of the cicles I don't want, but I have some problems:

1. I don't know how to stop one circle covering the second circle (I don't know how to set them on the same layer)

2. The circle is not measurable, I need to measure the extent at which the arch bends in at different heights.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers

Mike