2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 4:46 PM by chenrydc

How can I accomplish this in PhotoShop?

Jojellybean

I have a picture of this ring.
      White Zircon.jpg

How can I make it look more like this? Just for experimenting. Silver, and sterling silver are very reflective of the color it is around so it doesn't look professional as much in a picture above because it's harder to make it look as good as it is in reality.Untitled.png

A VIDEO TUTORIAL WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAVE THE TIME LOL. THANK YOU GOD BLESS

• 1. Re: How can I accomplish this in PhotoShop?
          GrahamGParker

I don't know a huge amount about this. But its all to do with the lighting when the photograph is taken. I would suggest looking for "photographing rings" in you tube as well as here.

Its more of a photographer thing with a tweak in photoshop.

Take a look here DigPro Product Photography Tutorial- Jewelry Diamond Ring LED Standing - YouTube hope it might help

• 2. Re: How can I accomplish this in PhotoShop?
            chenrydc

I am by no mean an expert and I'm sure there are easier ways to accomplish this... however one way is to do something like this:

-Use selection tool to select all blue background, soften the edges of the selection then delete the selection.

-Here you will have a white background and dull looking image with not the greatest edges.

-Zoom waaaay in and use a softer eraser brush on the edges.

-Use various sharpening, brightening, white levels adjustments to make your image prettier.

-Pay attention to the diamond, select the diamond with a selector tool and sharpen, etc. Consider adding a layer to add additional detail to just the diamond.

-Consider using the clone stamp to smooth out any markings on the silver tone band.