1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 12:21 PM by Dave LaRonde

My current version is Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.3. It's problem is I can't update 13.02 version

tkyuubi25

I have a problem with After Effect version update because when I saved my After Effect project file at my Mac laptop, After Effect Verison was 11.0.3. So When I went to Mac desktop in edit suite room in University and tried open my project on the Mac desktop. The message pop out and said this project must be converted from version 11.0.3 (Macintosh 64). The original file will be unchanged.  So Mac desktop have After Effect's version is 13.02 and I can't update my Mac laptop because I can' find After Effect 13.0.2 update file anywhere in the internet.  so Can you help me to solve this problem, please because I will hand in my university assignment next month.

Thanks

• 1. Re: My current version is Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.3. It's problem is I can't update 13.02 version
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Until your project is finished, you can ONLY work on it using your laptop.  Don't try to work on it using a different machine.

Unless you RENT CS6 -- that is, you didn't purchase it, but pay a monthly fee to use it -- you won't have acess to 13.0.2.

This isn't a simple update -- this is installing a new VERSION of the software, and beginning with version 12, the software is rented.

So get your project done on your own machine, then worry about whether or not you should incur a monthly expense to have the latest version of AE.  Don't change horses in mid-stream!

Now, there IS a way to work on both your laptop and that other machine, but it is downright messy!  It also involves having access to AE Creative Cloud (aka Version 12) on that machine -- so until you can confirm that fact, I'm not even going to describe the messy process.

I stick to my original advice -- keep the project on the laptop unless you enjoy missing deadlines.  Or due dates.