3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 7:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 - Help with AUDIO volume

studysession

When recording the audio volume is too low. I adjust it in Premiere Elements 13 to the maximum and it is louder but still too low.
      When I play with gain I get extra an effect that I do not want.

If there is not a way to do this from Premiere Elements is there an inexpensive plugin that I can get to work? When I search google seems like there are plenty of photoshop plugins but not enough for premiere.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Help with AUDIO volume
          A.T. Romano Level 7

studysession

If you have the audio volume set to +6 dB (highest possible set above original volume 0.0 dB), then try this.

Make copies of your audio file. If your +6 dB audio is on Audio 1, make copies of it.

Then directly above it on Audio 1, start placing a copy on each of the above audio tracks until the volume appears to

be louder and acceptable.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Help with AUDIO volume
            studysession Level 1

I am not a 100% sure how to copy just the audio track without also copying the video track as well.... If you could explain that - I would greatly appreciate it.

Today I played with the gain and got some good results. Here is a sample after upping the volume and gain

Replacing a chain on a KLR250 pictorial video recorded with a SJ4000 (I am not a bike mechanic) - YouTube

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Help with AUDIO volume
              A.T. Romano Level 7

studysession

Thanks for the follow up and good news of progress.

A few ways...

One way...

a. In the Expert workspace, you have a thumbnail for your video with its associated low volume audio in Project Assets

b. You drag  the file from Project Assets to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1 (the volume will be at 0.0 dB)

c. Then you drag the file again from Project Assets to the Timeline Video 2/Audio 2. This time you right click the file there

and select Delete Video from the pop up menu.

d. Then you drag the file again from Project Assets to the Timeline Video 3/Audio 3. This time you right click the file there

and select Delete Video from the pop up menu.

e. You repeat this until the sound has an acceptable volume.

Another way

a. In the Expert workspace, you have a thumbnail for your video with its associated audio in Project Assets.

b. You drag the file from Project Assets to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1 (with Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume

adjust the volume from 0.0 to + 6.0 dB)

c. Move the Timeline Indicator to the far right...right click the Video 1/Audio 1 clip, select Copy. Do about five Ctrl+V to make

five side by side copies of the file at that remote location of the Timeline Indicator.

d. Then go through the drill of what is described above....all copies directly above one another on tracks above Video 1/Audio 1.

drag a copy to Video 2/Audio 2, and the Delete Video

drag a copy to Video 3/Audio 3, and the Delete Video

drag a copy to Video 4/Audio 4, and the Delete Video

The quality of sound and video were good on your YouTube video. I am still having problems with my Internet connect but got

to watch most of it.

Please let me know if you are OK with the information above. Good job with the audio gain and normalization.

ATR