8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 11:30 AM by jeanmontagne

create video-ts folder under PE 10

jeanmontagne

I dont understand, but my questions disappear!

I cannot anymore create video-ts folder to burn DVD disks with IMGBURN.

Although I still use "Utiliser pour la lecture sur cet ordinateur et la gravure DVD", I get an .mpg file instead of a video-ts folder and

the menu is lost.

• 1. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

The VIDEO_TS Folder is obtained from Premiere Elements after you go through the process of

Disc

DVD

burn to = Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB).

Then you will find in the saved folder 2 Folders, one named OpenDVD and another VIDEO_TS.

You take the VIDEO_TS to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with your ImgBurn.

If you are getting a .mpg file, are you using

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = PAL DVD Standard or PAL DVD Widescreen

This path is not going to give you a VIDEO_TS Folder unless you take the MPEG2.mpg export from it

through the burn to folder process mentioned above.

DVD menus are available for disc end products, not for files generated in the Share/Computer route.

Please let us know if we have interpreted your question correctly. If not, please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...What video card/graphics card does your computer use?

• 2. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
            jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks a lot.

I lost my notebook and I was doing the second process you indicated. I will launch the first  one and I am sure it will work. I will also make sure that I save the right process.

I have an additional question: Is it possible Under PE10 to create multi levels menu as I did before with MYDVD, that is create a disk menu with numerous films, some having numerous chapters , some having only one chapter?

Jean Colombaud

• 3. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

Thanks for the reply with the great news that all working.

Lots of variations but typically

As for the Premiere Elements menus. Here you have a main menu and a scene menu.

The main menu typically comes with a Play All Button and Scene Selection Button.

a. You will not see a Scene Selection Button on the main menu unless you have placed scene markers in the Timeline.

What you see for menus in the disc customization area will depend on the Timeline markers that you

place in Edit. Two major thoughts for now

a. If you have more than one movie on the Timeline and each movie has scene markers placed in its content, each

movie cannot have its own Scene Selection Page. The Timeline scene markers (for movie 1, movie 2, and so on) will be represented in the Scene Selection

Page sequentially as they were placed in the Timeline.

b. If you use a stop marker in the Timeline so that the viewer selects a movie in the Scene Selection Page, after that choice is

played, the viewer will be returned to the main menu. But, when you introduce stop markers, you lose the essence of the Play All

in the main menu. Never use a stop marker at the end of the last item on your Timeline. Not needed and causes problems.

At this point, I think that "a" most immediately impacts what you want to do. Depending on your goals, you may have to consider exporting

the Timeline to a file that can be brought into a 3rd party software for menus and burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Please let me know if you need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
                jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks a lot.

I lost my notebook and I was doing the second process you indicated. I will launch the first  one and I am sure it will work. I will also make sure that I save the right process.

I have an additional question: Is it possible Under PE10 to create multi levels menu as I did before with MYDVD, that is create a disk menu with numerous films, some having numerous chapters , some having only one chapter?

Jean Colombaud

• 5. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
                  jeanmontagne Level 1

Thanks a lot again.

What I got from your answer confirm what I experienced: A film menu cannot have its own scene detection page. I guess I will follow your recommendation to use a 3rd party software. Have you experienced the current MYDVD from Rokio? The problem is that they do not allow a try version.

Jean Colombaud

• 6. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jeanmontagne

Thanks for the reply.

I have not worked with MYDVD.

Some have mentioned the program Sony's DVD Architect Studio 5.0 when special menu features are needed that are not available in Premiere Elements.

I have not used it so I mention that for informational rather than promotional purposes. I believe it can be obtained as a tryout. But, not sure if the tryout is full featured or not.

ATR

• 7. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
                      jeanmontagne Level 1

Hello,

I can now confirm that the DVD burn process works all right and that the disk can be played on yhe computer .

Can the disk be run on a external DVD reader connected to a TV?

Jean Colombaud

• 8. Re: create video-ts folder under PE 10
                        jeanmontagne Level 1

Thank you so much for your help and information.

Now, I close the discussion.

Regards

Jean Colombaud