6 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 10:11 AM by buffalobluff

movie clips

ritjunior
      I have 2 buttons which load 2 identically sized and positioned movie clips that sit on separate layers in the timeline. When I release the button controlling the movie clip on the bottom layer it doesn't play. I believe it loads but cannot be seen because it's underneath the movie clip sitting on the layer above it. At this point, I can only "see" the uppermost movie clip play on release. Is there a way to assign levels to these movie clips or a way to unload the uppermost clip so the bottom one will be seen when it plays? FYI: I am using the OBJECTS>MOVIE>MOVIE CLIP>METHODS>PLAY action on the buttons which load the movie clips.
        • 1. Re: movie clips
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can use swapDepth() to change the depths of your movieclips.
          • 2. Re: movie clips
            ritjunior Level 1
            How is that done? Could you show me the code precisely as it is written.

Meanwhile I found another solution whereby I simply add one empty frame to the beginning of the movie clip's timeline with a stop action in frame 1. Since the actual animation doesn't begin until frame 2, one movie clip can play above the other using the following code on the button:

on (release) {
            parcel10a.play();
            }
            • 3. Re: movie clips
              :

• 4. Re: movie clips
                ritjunior Level 1
                Thanks for this. Do I attach this code to their respective buttons? Also, I can't figure out how to write code from scratch in FlashMX v.6. It seems I can only retrieve code via Script Assist. When I click in the script pane to start typing I get no accessibility. Where do I find these codes in Script Assist in case I can't type it myself?
                • 5. Re: movie clips
                  that code should be attached to a frame on the timeline that contains your buttons.

i don't know how to use script assist.
                  • 6. Re: movie clips
                    buffalobluff Level 1

I have Adobe Premier Elements 10 on a trial basis.I have an HP Pavilion computer with Windows 7 system.When I import videos from my hard drive and try to work with them in the Organizer the videos will not separate into separate clips for editing in either the Timeline or Sceneline.How can I correct this?  Thank you for any help.   George