4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2006 3:36 AM by Kris_Kros

Accordian Menu

Kris_Kros
      Hi

I have an accordian menu with 3 children. Is it possible to default the accordian menu to be displayed with all 3 children closed?

thanks in advance

- Chris
        • 1. Re: Accordian Menu
          ur_dtrain Level 1
          I haven't tried this, but perhaps setting the selectedIdex to -1 or null. On the other hand, it is possible that you can't have a closed accordion (at least on panel always open).
          • 2. Re: Accordian Menu
            ntsiii Level 3
            See what you can do, but I think a visible child will be inherent in the control. If all are closed, what should display in the child area? If blank, then it will look like the bottom one is empty. clicking tht one will cause the real child to appear, but there will be no movement. Kind of confusing to the user.

Would you want a tab control with all tabs closed? It sounds kind of Zen.

Tracy
            • 3. Re: Accordian Menu
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee
              You cannot close all of the children. You could add another child that is blank or cover the first child until something else happens, or shrink the accordion so only the headers show.
              • 4. Re: Accordian Menu
                Kris_Kros Level 1
                hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. I will try to shrink the accordian to only display the headers. When the user clicks on a header the accordian will assume its proper size. I think this is the best approach.

Thanks again for all the help

Chris