• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM12-XML online help files

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find original source files for an XML-generated online help system created in FM12? What are POM files?

I must take over from previous tech writer to fix the files and regenerate them and I haven't a clue how to do it in FM 12.

I've created online help in the past, using RoboHELP without any coding.

HELP PLEASE. I am under the gun and struggling.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick search on the 'Net suggests that .pom may be

File used by Maven, a Java program used to build Java applications and manage their dependencies; contains build information, such as required software dependencies, dependency scope, and packaging information. […] NOTE: POM files are more commonly seen with an .XML file extension. They most commonly use the filename pom.xml.

Another post says

Maven POM files are not eBooks. They are configuration files for the Maven software dependency management system for building Java software. […] If the files you have downloaded are indeed Maven POM files, then they are a type of XML text file. You should be able to open them in a web browser or a text editor like Wordpad.

As for how to start from FM and get to .pom files, I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea. I'll watch this thread with interest … and sympathy :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines