0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2007 2:07 PM by matt i am

RangeError: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds.

matt i am
      I have a quite complex application setup. I have a main flex application that first loads a specified "theme" module which lays out all the controls on a per-theme basis. Then, from the main app I load a Flash 8 swf into view. That flash 8 swf loads multiple flash 6 swf's and uses a local connection to communicate between the flash 6 swf's and flex.

Everything works good, except when I resize my browser window. I get a RangeError. I have searched the internet up and down and with no luck have I found a solution to this problem. What I do know is that the error is being generated from within the actual flash player and not from my code. I am guessing that is has something to do with the components within my module.

Does anyone know what this error is and how I can go about debugging/fixing it???

Thanks,

Matt

Error Below:
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

RangeError: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds.
      at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/getChildAt()
      at mx.core::Container/getChildAt()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\Container.as:2 369]
      at mx.containers.utilityClasses::CanvasLayout/mx.containers.utilityClasses:CanvasLayout::mea sureContentArea()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\containers\utilityClasses\CanvasLa yout.as:476]
      at mx.containers.utilityClasses::CanvasLayout/measure()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\m x\containers\utilityClasses\CanvasLayout.as:173]
      at mx.core::LayoutContainer/mx.core:LayoutContainer::measure()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frame works\mx\core\LayoutContainer.as:354]
      at mx.core::Application/mx.core:Application::measure()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx \core\Application.as:854]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/mx.core:UIComponent::measureSizes()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\framewor ks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5448]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/validateSize()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UIComponen t.as:5394]
      at mx.core::Container/validateSize()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\Container.as :2688]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/mx.managers:LayoutManager::validateSize()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\ sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:557]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/mx.managers:LayoutManager::doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\dev\flex _201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:670]
      at Function/ http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/mx.core:UIComponent::callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\ frameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7909]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/mx.core:UIComponent::callLaterDispatcher()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\f rameworks\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7852]