4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 8:54 PM by A.T. Romano

validation

Livhis

Serial Number Validation

It states:

Please connect to the internet to validate serial number.

I'm connected to the internet but when I click on "validate" it doesn't connect & validate.

Any answers??

Karen

• 1. Re: validation
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Karen

What are you trying to validate  - Premiere Elements what version on what computer operating system?

And is that Premiere Elements,  a Student and Teachers Edition? 

What do you start off with

Serial Number

Redemption Code

or

Product Code

Can we assume that you purchased Premiere Elements as a download from some site other than Adobe?

Let us start here and then decide what next.    

Thanks.

ATR 

• 2. Re: validation
            Livhis Level 1

I get a screen that pops up to sign in.  I sign in & then another screen pops up that says "Serial Number Validation" then under that is says "Please connect to the internet to validate your number."  Then at the bottom it has two buttons "Connect Later" and "Validate".  I click Validate & it doesn't do anything.

It's Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7.  Not a Student or Teacher edition.  I bought the Premiere Elements 13 & Photoshop Elements 13 at Best Buy.  It started off with a Redemption Code and went online & got both Serial Numbers then I installed both programs.

• 3. Re: validation
              Livhis Level 1

Also, Photoshop won't open at all.  I get the same sign-in box & then the validation box & it won't validate!  I feel like I was ripped off!

• 4. Re: validation
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Livhis

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news is not better.

Please try some of the following troubleshooting for both Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13. Although the troubleshooting involved version 12, it may be applicable to 13.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

Have you looked at whether or not the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

From what I understand you have gotten through the redemption code business and are hung up on the Sign In for Photoshop Elements 13

and Premiere Elements 13. Is that correct?

We could try downloading tryout installation files from the following web site and then inserting your purchased serial number in them during installation.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-13-direct-download-links-premiere.html

With this route you need to read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid an Access Denied message.

We will be watching for further developments. What is Best Buy's return/refund policy when it comes to software purchases? Hopefully it will

not come to that. But good information to hold in the background.

ATR