4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 8:58 AM by Bhawk245

Rulers Bugged

Bhawk245

I'm attempting to go through a tutorial where I drop a circle into a box. However my rulers are completely off. My object displays on stage at ~150,407 however it states the object is at postion 0, 0. When I attempt to drag it the rulers are snapped to the invisible object at 0,0.

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 5.08.37 PM.jpg

I've attempted to restart the file. Is there anything I can do to fix it? It's throwing my ActionScript3 off.

• 1. Re: Rulers Bugged
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see anything in the image you show at 150/407 so it is hard to relate your description to what you show.  It is also not clear which object you are talking about.  The properties panel doesn't indicate something being at 0/0 so that doesn't help either.

From the looks of it, one of the objects on the stage has its origin well off of the shape/content within it (the crosshairs that appear at ~150/147)  So it is possible whichever object you are talking about is also not drawn relative to its own registration origin such that it reads 0/0 while it looks to you top be elsewhere..

• 2. Re: Rulers Bugged
            Bhawk245 Level 1

I'll do my best to describe my Issue.

The object in question in the picture is the red square(a Movie Clip Symbol). On stage in Flash Pro the object appears to be at the coordinates at which I want it to be, however when I attempt to move it, the rulers are snagged to an Invisible red box, this also where the boxes "hit" area is as well. So when I run the program my box is in the same place, however the hit box is completely off(below and to the right, the corner of the stage). It leads me to believe that my stage is set up like a x,y coordinate graph with 4 grids (producing both positive and negative x,y values) instead of the standard 1 grid graph with 0,0 being at the top left corner of the stage.

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 8.07.44 AM.jpg

This should display at "correct".

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 8.07.49 AM.jpg

However this displays as "Correct".

My AS3 Code:

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 8.10.01 AM.jpg

As you can see my x,y coordinate grid on stage is COMPLETELY off. I'm not sure what to do about it.

• 3. Re: Rulers Bugged
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Look at your image in the first message. In your red square there is a small circle. Off to the left is a small cross hair. Those two indicators are normally superimposed over one another. If you double-click on the red square object you can open it in the editor window.

The cross hair indicator shows the center of the editor window. Grab the red square and move it so that the small circle indicator is super-ed over the cross hair indicator. Alternately, you select the red square and then, in the Properties window, change the "x" and "y" values to 0,0. Now, when you return to the stage the red square should align as you expect.

• 4. Re: Rulers Bugged
                Bhawk245 Level 1

Thank you very much! That fixed my issue!