4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 8:10 AM by JoeSM3

Lightroom 5.7.1 refuses to open

PeterSVP Level 1

I cannot get  Lightroom 5.7.1, installed via Adobe Creative Cloud, to open. Before upgrade all was working fine. I use Windows 7 64 bit

Any advice on how I can get back to my images?

thanks

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 refuses to open
          dj_paige Level 9

Details?

Error message?

Anything else that might help us diagnose your situation?

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 refuses to open
            tunney moriarty Level 2

Upon opening Lightroom 5.7 this morning on my iMac, running OSX 10.10.1,closing it and then trying to go back a few minutes later,

I noticed I had an update for it to 5.7.1. Update went ok but have no idea what was updated. I am on a subscription through the cloud.

Tunney

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 refuses to open
              PeterSVP Level 1

Re my original post.

Thanks for advice. No error messages - LR just refused to open.

So, I uninstalled LR 5.7.1 and instead of using my Creative Cloud link Apps link I downloaded directly from the Adobe LR website. This worked fine and LR now opens OK.. (I now remember having to do this before - not every time there is an update, just occasionally). I would love to know why!

Peter

(No error message

• 4. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 refuses to open
                JoeSM3

I read your post here yesterday, and saw there were no answers to your and my problem at that time. So, I called tech support at Adobe. What a mistake that was. I spoke to the guy for 2 hours and finally I had to leave my studio and go home. At that point my problem still was not solved. Came in this morning, started my computer and still had the problem LR would not open. So, I checked this forum again and saw your answer. So, I did what you said you did and problem solved. What a waist of 2 hours of my life last night with Adobe. Why don't they know these things? I think there are problems with their Creative Cloud that need to be fixed. C'mon Adobe lets get on the ball.