9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 2:01 PM by meuwsha

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?

meuwsha

HI! Want to try out Premiere Elements 13 (Trial Version). I just want to try it out without buying first (want to use it for creating Youtube-Tutorials etc.) Does anyone have experiences with it? Is it similar to Final Cut Pro x? I need to try it out so i can decide if it the right kind of Video Editing software for me. Also how does adobe work after the trial version? Does the Software nit open up after 30 days? do i HAVE TO buy the full version afterwards or what do i have to do to? Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

meuwsha

You can download the 30 day free tryout Premiere Elements 13 from the Adobe web site.

During the 30 days of tryout, you will get a pop up before each session "Buy or Continue Trial".

But at the end of the 30 days, the program remains installed but it is not functional. You can uninstall/remove the expired tryout.

If you Buy, you will received a serial number. That purchased activated serial number can be used on no more than

2 of your computers. And, then not at the same time.

You do not have to purchase from Adobe when you no longer want the tryout and want to purchase the product.

One example....

a. You can uninstall the expired tryout and purchase the program from an authorized reseller - whomever offers the

best pricing.

Remember, when you purchase from as the download, the purchase is specific to your computer operating system.

If Windows, you cannot use the installation files on Mac. And vice versa. If you purchase the product in the boxed packaging

from an authorized reseller, you get an installation disc for Windows and another for Mac.

Tryout project details - the Adobe watermark cannot be removed from exports to file or burn to disc from the tryout. You

can remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout project file by opening it in the purchased product - then Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files.

In some cases, the tryout project file Adobe watermark disappears just by opening it in the purchase product.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
            whsprague Level 4

Premier Elements is a fully functional editor priced for the consumer market.  It is very common and practical for YouTube, including some built in presets and tools specific for YouTube.

Final Cut Pro X is $300 and advertised to be "professional" and surely has more to it than Premier Elements 13 priced at $60.  All video editors I've looked at have a similar workflow where you acquire assets, work them on a time line and export a product.  So, in that sense, the two will be similar.

Premier Elements does not offer a screen recording function like commonly used in YouTube tutorials.

You may find that watching a few of the tutorials here will more efficiently provide you with an overview of what PrE 13 does:  Learn Premiere Elements | Adobe TV

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
              meuwsha Level 1

Thank you so much for the quick answer, this helped me a lot!

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                meuwsha Level 1

This was very helpful, thx! I will try the Trial Version right now and see how it works for me!

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

meuwsha

Thanks for your reply. If your goal is to produce video tutorials for YouTube, let me mention the file size/duration limits of the Premiere Elements upload to YouTube from within the project. The limit is 2 GB/15 minutes. You will not be able to use this feature if you exceed that limit.

Your alternative is to export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site where you

can request and use one of its extended time accounts. Even if you have a YouTube extended time account, you cannot use it in the Premiere Elements Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube feature.

An AVCHD.mp4 file is a good choice for the export to file first route. We can talk about project preset to match the properties of your source media and the exact export settings in Publish+Share/Computer/ once you have downloaded, installed, and got a chance to examine the program.

If you are doing screen captures to obtain your source materials for the Premiere Elements project, best examine the export choices from from the screen capture program and the compatibility of that export format with Premiere Elements 13. Also, please consider the typical aspect ratios of 4:3 and 16:9 and frame size compatible with the existing project presets - makes life easier.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification as you evaluate your Premiere Elements 13 tryout. By the way, what computer operating system will you be using - Windows or Mac based?

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                    meuwsha Level 1

Hi ATR,
                    15 minutes is surely enough since i want to create tutorials from 8 to 10 minutes maximum. I am using Windows 8.1 at the moment. I finally managed to install the trial version and will be working on it the next days. i am pretty excited, i will probably come up with a lot of questions then, thanks for your support!

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                      meuwsha Level 1

One more thing before i start the program: will the watermark disappear if i buy the full version?

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

meuwsha

You have the full version but as the tryout.

I wrote about Adobe watermark removal in post 2 of your thread

Tryout project details - the Adobe watermark cannot be removed from exports to file or burn to disc from the tryout. You

can remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout project file by opening it in the purchased product - then Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files.

In some cases, the tryout project file Adobe watermark disappears just by opening it in the purchase product.

So, if you create a file in the tryout and do a test run to YouTube, it goes with the Adobe watermark. And, the Adobe watermark cannot be removed from that file exported from the tryout. But, you can open the tryout project file that generated that file in the purchased product and get rid of the Adobe watermark in the 2 ways mentioned

a. Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files

or

b. See if the purchased program will do the job automatically

One or the other should work but only on the project file.

Then you can export the that Timeline without the Adobe watermark.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for Creating Youtube-Tutorials?
                          meuwsha Level 1

Oh i  see! Now i get it! Since i will use this just for practice, the watermark won't bother me but it's good to know how to get rid of it later with the purchase. Thanks a lot! This was more than informative!