5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 6:12 AM by A.T. Romano

how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?

kissakikai

I want to use NewBlue effects in Premier Elements 13 but cannot seem to find where to put the files?

• 1. Re: how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kissakikai

What computer operating system are you using? What specific NewBlue effects do you want to add to Premiere Elements 13?

Can I assume that there were no instructions that came with the assumed download purchase? Or, are you trying to install NewBlue Effects tryouts?

Are the NewBlue effects marketed as Premiere or Premiere Elements effects?

Please supply more information, and I will do some first hand looking into the situation.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?
            kissakikai Level 1

HI - I use Win 8.1

I know the effects work with Premier - both Elements and Pro but after PC crash I need to know exactly which file in both programs should I paste the different effect6 files (drop shadow, fish eye Bleach etc.)  The regular install program allows me to 'add a location' but I can't find the correct one? Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks

• 3. Re: how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kissakikai

I would need the download and see what those New Blue installation dialogs look like before stating do this specifically or that.

What is the file extension for the effects?

However, if these effects are classed as plug-ins, then a likely place for them in the Premiere Elements 13 computer directory might be on Windows 8.1 64 bit -

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 find the Plug-Ins Folder

In the Plug-ins folder, explore the Common Folder/New Blue Folder as well as en_US Folder as the place to which to install the "plug-in".

Please let me know if the above information gives you direction in what you want to do. Did you know that Premiere Elements fx Effects do

include Drop Shadow?

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?
                kissakikai Level 1

Many thanks

I could not find a 'plug ins' directory or file in Premier Elements 13 but eventually tried Local Resources / en_US and pasted them there and it seems to work.

Thanks

• 5. Re: how to add more video effects in Premier Elements 13?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

kissakikai

Thanks for the reply. Glad that you have successfully placed your effects files so that you can use them in your Premiere Elements 13 projects.

Great work.

I am not sure of the location that you found for the effects placement. The Locale Resources/en_US seems to house a bunch of dll files.

What is the file extension used for your effect files? Plug-ins in that path that I gave you could have been a hidden folder in your case. Do you

work with the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active?

Be that as it may, great news that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements 13 projects.

Best wishes.

ATR