1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 10:34 AM by Warunicorn

Need help with Wacom Intuos 4 tablet

Yurok22

I sent an email to Wacom support on my tablet not working. I have window 8.1 pro 64bit. The reply was another driver and how to set up. I followed the instructions and the tablet is there but when I go into photoshop. Use the brush pallet. I go to transfer and there are two boxes which I put pen pressure in. But I can't get the pen to work, (pressure sensitivity) And beside the box  where I put pen pressure is another small triangle box, yellow, with a ! in it. When I hover over this it says: Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet.

Which is connected and I went into wacoms properties and the pen, mouse, and I also put photoshop in.  Turned ink on and ink off. Still doesn't work.

Went back to Wacom support and they want me to go to http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-menus-turn-white-mak.html   Left me this note too. Might as well try your tablet to other drawing software, sketch book etc. Reinstall software. If its still not working, I suggest trying on another computer.

I sent a email to Wacom support on my tablet not working with my new computer. It is Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit: Would appreciate any help you can give me?? I have tried everything to get it to work??? any have been unsuccessful.

Thank you for contacting Wacom customer care. You might be encountering a corrupted driver , please follow the steps below for a clean install of the driver :

Disconnect the tablet from the computer
      Press the Windows key on your keyboard, along with the X key to bring up the Utility menu
      Select Programs and Features in this menu (in the lower left of the desktop)
      Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer
      After restarting, download and install only the latest 6.39 driver from:
      http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/IBMPC/pro/WacomTablet_6.3.9w5.exe
      Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet

As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

1. The pen seems to be working at this point. Will continue to use if any issues will let you know.

2. The mouse is not working right. Left click will open nothing.
      Right click will open program then have to right click again to go on with whatever application you open.
      Sometimes when you use the mouse it will freeze the computer and you can't get anywhere. Have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out and then reboot the computer.
      Not going to use the mouse for now.
      3. Will continue to use the pen and if any issues with it will let you know
      4. If you get a fix to this problem, please let me know
      5. Thank-you I do appreciate the time you are taking to help me out

I have Window 8.1 Pro 64 bit
      Jeanette Frizzell

Dear Jeanette:

Thank you for the information. In that case, I suggest trying the solution below from Adobe :

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-menus-turn-white-mac.html

Might as well try your tablet to other drawing software's like Lightroom, Corel or Sketchbook. Reinstalling your software might work as well.
      If its still not working, I suggest testing the tablet to a 2nd computer to isolate the issue.

Please let me know the result once tested.

It looks like they sent me for a mac and I don't have a mac. I have taken it off the computer from the uninstall control panel and re installed several times and the driver Wacom sent me 6.3.9w5.exe

Would appreciate any help you can give me

thank you

• 1. Re: Need help with Wacom Intuos 4 tablet
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

This is the Photoshop Touch for tablets forum. But anyhoo... 

I have a Bamboo Splash tablet that I use with Windows 8.1 64-bit but have zero problems using it in Photoshop CC 2014.2.2. Things that come to mind to me are:

• You didn't mention what model tablet. Wacom has a range of drivers for your specific model here. Try that.
          • There's no way that you can install Mac drivers on a Windows system. Mac drivers come as DMG files; Win drivers come as EXE files.
          • If you have the proper drivers installed and it's still giving you overall system issues, look into other aspects of your system. e.g., Are there other applications running in the background that could interfere? Exit them. Are all the drivers for your components updated? (Video, audio, etc.) If you don't feel computer savvy, get someone who is to take a look.

ON EDIT: I am a derp. I just saw the thread title. Sorry about that. Go to the link I posted above to find the Windows drivers for the Intuos 4.