3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 4:51 PM by A.T. Romano

APE 11 stopped adding new place tags to my pics.

chucklehouse

I use APE 11 on a Windows PC, have been tagging photos with places in my catalog, everything worked fine. The program just stopped adding place tags to pictures I'm trying to give place tags to for no apparent reason. How do I make it add place tags again when I add a new place to pictures in my catalog?

• 1. Re: APE 11 stopped adding new place tags to my pics.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chucklehouse

Premiere Elements 11 Elements Organizer 11 on Windows (assumed for now 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit).

Delete or disable the Elements Organizer 11 settings file

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or you disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

I would not bother with the shortcuts on this. Rather go direct to the psa.prf.

We might consider creating a new catalog but we would need to consider that idea further before moving on that idea.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: APE 11 stopped adding new place tags to my pics.
            chucklehouse Level 1

Sorry, yes, Windows 7. That worked. Although the path you specified did not exist, I did a search for psa.prf, found it, renamed it to psa.prfOLD, and that seemed to put everything back in working order. Thanks!

• 3. Re: APE 11 stopped adding new place tags to my pics.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

chucklehouse

Glad to learn that you located the psa.prf file in your computer environment. Where did you find it if not where I said? Because it is indeed where I said for Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit and you say that you are using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7. Is your Windows 7 64 bit?

11Organizer.JPG

Thanks for the follow up. Good to know all is well and that you are now moving forward with your Premiere Elements 11 and

Elements Organizer 11 workflows.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...If you have the time, would really appreciate knowing more about "could not find the path" but did find the psa.prf.