3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2014 12:54 PM by A.T. Romano

PE 13 timeline PLAY will not work on previously running project

CRiMan

This project played perfectly.  Left it overnight and came back, ready to burn DVD.

System:

Windows 7 Pro fully updated

16 GB Memory

Processor: Intel Core i5 650

C:  340 GB avail (project location)

I:   436 GB avail (media location)

Opened project and got error asking for location of Business Title_7.tga

Hit Skip

All media in timeline-looks great

Hit Play, got no results

Went through Adobe troubleshooting sequence-no positive results

This is a pretty large project and I really don't want to recreate it.

That may be a problem anyway because a new project which builds just fine will not Play.

This is extremely frustrating and any help will be appreciated.

These DVDs are supposed to be Christmas gifts.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: PE 13 timeline PLAY will not work on previously running project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CRiMan

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit)

When you have the DVD disc in the burner tray and are in the burn dialog and before you hit burn....

a. What does the quality area show for Space Required and Bitrate with and without a check mark

next to "Fit Content to Available Space"? What is the total duration of the Timeline content?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Please check the issue with and without

a check mark next to the Intel HD Graphics 2000 or Higher option in Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

But wait...you have said nothing about burn to successes or failures....

So let me back up....when the Timeline playback is not working, are you allowed to move forward in

the project to disc menus and Publish+Share? If so, can you get a successful Burn To: Disc or Folder (4.7 GB)

or Folder (8.5 GB)? At this point, then the initial comments are relevant.

With regard to that Business Title_7.tga, we have seen that before. It is a frustrating issue to target. Did you install

your Premiere Elements 13 from an installation disc or from downloaded installation files? If disc, later we might

consider looking at some downloaded installation files in your computer environment. But, we need more

overall details to give us direction on all of this.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE 13 timeline PLAY will not work on previously running project
            CRiMan Level 1

A.T.  Thank you for the response.  I was allowed to move up and down the timeline but the play button would not work.  With Christmas fast approaching I was in a panic and doing what crazy users do, I started pressing buttons…at this point I honestly cannot say how it came to be, but I finally got it to play and from there I burned 5 DVDs.  When tested on both computer and DVD player, all discs performed properly.  After that I was able to edit a copy of the project, deleting some clips and inserting others then rearranging the audio tracks.  Again, success with the DVD.  Much relieved at meeting my gift sending deadline.  Also, very grateful that you were there and reached out.  Thanks.

• 3. Re: PE 13 timeline PLAY will not work on previously running project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CRiMan

Congratulations on your well earned success and being on schedule for your gift givings.

We thank you for the follow up.

The whys will no doubt surface as you do more exploration and experimentation with the program.

But sometimes they never do for a particular project, and start a new project is the answer.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification. We are always glad for the opportunity to be

of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR