1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 12:46 AM by Mark Mapes

HELP "THIS PROJECT CAN'T BE OPENED BECAUSE..."

reallyfreakedoutrightnow

How can I open a project when it says "This project was saved in a newer version on Premiere" - I have the newest version of Premiere! I don't understand why this is even "a thing" - I have Adobe CC - I should be able to open other Adobe CC files with my software - regardless of if I've created them or not, right? Am I missing something? I already tried opening an XML of the project and that didn't work either - any other suggestions

• 1. Re: HELP "THIS PROJECT CAN'T BE OPENED BECAUSE..."
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

How exactly are you trying to open the project? Are you double-clicking the .prproj file or launching the program and then using the Open Project command.

It's possible that you have two or more versions of Premiere installed, like CC (7.x) and CC2014. If that's the case, then you could run into this error by either inadvertently launching the older version and then trying to open a project saved in a newer version, or by launching the program by double-clicking the project file when the older version is set as the default for loading that file type.

Please post a screenshot of the About box.