9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 7:28 AM by Meeyonaise

Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera

Meeyonaise

Hi,

I search an Adobe Premiere Element version for my tape camera and Windows 7 64bit. I've bought Element 13 but it was not worked because it's not compatible. You can see my last thread here : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1655421

That thread has been marked as resolved but it's wasn't resolved because I had another question !

So, here, can you answer to my question, please ?

Do you have a solution for my Element 7 and  Windows 7 64bit ?

Is there a newer verrsion of Premiere Element compatible with my tape camera and Windows 7 64bit ?

Sorry, but, I don't want an alternative software, but a compatible version of Adobe Premiere Element with my tape camera and Win7 64bit.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Best regards,

Information:
      Thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1655421
      Camera: Sony HVR-S270E

• 1. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Meeyonaise

The last version of Premiere Elements to offer DV or HDV capture firewire is version 12/12.1. And, Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. Some online places such as Amazon might have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 still in stock? Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, 10, and 11 should have these features also.

Am I assuming correctly that you have tried the Adobe workaround for the Premiere Elements 13 situation - See its document

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1655421

and found that does not work for you?

Another assumption, from what you wrote, your interest is in DV or HDV capture firewire and not in Export to Tape from within the Premiere Elements Publish+Share area.

Please let me know if I have targeted your questions. If not, please give more details on what you still seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
            Meeyonaise Level 1

Thanks for reply!

I'm reseller and our customer only want  Premiere Element for DV or HDV capture with his tape camera. I'll look for version 12.

I've not tried the Adobe Workaround because my customer isn't  interessed.

My customer only want to take a picture with his videos and make little movie for his family. Have you got another advices ?

Thanks again,

Best regards.

• 3. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have NOT used either, but many say to try these for SD capture http://windv.mourek.cz/ or http://www.exsate.com/products/dvcapture/

I have NOT used it, but many say to try this for HDV capture

-archived at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HDVSplit

-Click the 1st link under "Download sites:" for the latest version

$10 DV and HDV for Mac Firewire capture http://www.lifeflix.com/

• 4. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Meeyonaise

Thanks for the reply with the background information.

A just in case note...for all intents and purposes, Premiere Elements DV and HDV capture works with Firewire connection, not other.

Although the customer has a miniDV camcorder with iLink (firewire port), does the customer's computer have a firewire port?

From what you wrote your customer is not interested in doing the captures in another program and then importing the split clips into

Premiere Elements for editing using Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders. Movie Maker (Windows) or iMovie (Mac) are

typically the preferred program for doing the captures going this route.

Please let us know if you need additional information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                  Meeyonaise Level 1

ATR

My customer use his tape camera with firewire connection. I've already test with Movie maker but it's not that research my customer.

Is there a trial version of the Premiere Element 12 ? I want to test it before purcharse.

Thanks you for reply,

best regards

• 6. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Meeyonaise

You can download and install a free Premiere Elements 12 tryout (full version) from the following web site

The key to success with this route is to read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to

avoid an Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                      Meeyonaise Level 1

Hello Romano !

I've installed the version 12 of Premiere elements and it's work perfectly, thanks a lot ! My customer is happy !

But now... we have a new problem ! It's a trial version and as you know we have bought the version 13... The licence isn't compatible with version 12.

Is it possible to exchange or modify it ? Is it possible to get the Adobe support phone number or email for exchange or modify our licence or another thing ?

Version 13 is only installed and not activated. We'll uninstall the version 13 when we have more informations about our licence !

Thanks for your reply

• 8. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Meeyonaise

Good news that the customer is pleased with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 for the DV and HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Window.

The new problem is a harder one to address. We are not Adobe. And, it is sounding like this is an Adobe decision.

Was the Premiere Elements 13 purchased from Adobe direct, and is the purchased Premiere Elements 13 within 30 days of its purchase from Adobe. If so, you can ask for a refund from Adobe. If you purchased from anywhere else, then you have to deal with the return policy of the seller.

But, you will need to find a seller who still has 12 in stock to get a product  with a purchased serial number. I know of no scenario where Adobe is going to sell you version 12 at this time.

If the purchase was made from Adobe direct, please explore the following link to Adobe via its Chat Panel

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Want Adobe Premiere for tape camera
                          Meeyonaise Level 1

Thanks, i'll try ! Thanks a lot !