1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 3:50 AM by sara_p_dc

How can I resolve the major problems with Lightroom 5 on iMac 5k?

sara_p_dc Level 1

There are many many bugs that have come up in Lightroom 5 on my new iMac 5k (OSX10.10.1 Yosemite) that are seriously challenging my productivity!

A short list of the problems include: Huge slow-downs when navigating in the develop module, very slow and sometimes unresponsive crop tool, improper slider scaling when develop panel in resized (because it is far too narrow on retina screen), poor auto selection of spot removal tool, slow local adjustment brush tool, and overall slow load times of 1:1 previews. My 2011 iMac beats the maxed out 2014 5k iMac in almost every part of the develop module except for initial loading and export times. What the heck is going on?!

These are just some of the problems with LR, there are many more issues with premiere pro and after effects...

• 1. Re: How can I resolve the major problems with Lightroom 5 on iMac 5k?
          sara_p_dc Level 1

Well, many of my issues evaporated when i re-installed the most recent update 5.7.1 (by download rather than cc desktop updater). Cropping is finally fast, sliders are ok for scale as long as you don't change panel size while the application in running (if you do you must close and reopen LR for slider scaling to match panel scaling). There are still some issue that I will be reporting on, but will make do for now.

This was a major retina 5k iMac compatibility update, even though its not really mentioned in the list of fixes