• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verity support

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ColdFusion support the using of other Verity Search Engines?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "other Verity Search Engines"
ColdFusion MX 7 ships with an integrated version of Verity 5.5.
ColdFusion MX Enterprise supports connecting to a K2 Server in a distributed configuration.
See http://www.adobe.com/go/42cfdd4a
ColdFusion MX supports the use of Verity Spider (vspider)
See http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/00001781.htm
ColdFusion MX supports the use of several Verity Utilities
See http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/00001798.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer that has their own Verity Search engine installed (not ColdFusion). I need to know if I can configure ColdFusion Admin to point to the customers verity search engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every thing I have read about verity refers to the ColdFusion Verity Search Engine. I need to know if I can configure ColdFusion Admin. to use a non ColdFusion verity server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
He can connect to a Verity K2 Enterprise Server as long has he has an Enterprise license of ColdFusion
He would choose the "Verity K2 Server" link under "Data & Services"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert in verity and CF but I don't think he could use his own K2 install and have it work with CF, reason being is that I don't think that Verity would understand the CF tags that are in CF, like the tags to update a collection and so forth, not to mention that the version of verity that comes with CF to my knowledge is not the full blown verity and verity to my knowledge out of the box does not support CF only asp and jsp.

If Im mistaken on this please correct me but from my experiance this is what I gathered from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation