4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 11:54 AM by thefosters6

Please Suggest a Compatible Internal Blu Ray Burner to buy for PE13 with Windows 7

thefosters6

Can anyone tell me brands and models of currently sold internal Blu ray burners that are compatible with Premiere elements 13 using Windows 7? The list on the Adobe website seems to be outdated models. So far I have tried the Pioneer BDR-2209 and the LG WH16NS40 and both are recognized as drives by PE 13  but display "media not present" when a Blu Ray disc is inserted.  I need to be able to burn blue ray discs from my PE 13 software. Which model internal drives are you having success with? Thank you!!!

• 1. Re: Please Suggest a Compatible Internal Blu Ray Burner to buy for PE13 with Windows 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thefosters6

Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been using a LG Blu-ray DVD burner (12X) successfully for Premiere Elements 4 through 13. But, as far as I know, this brand/model is no

longer sold.

The "Media Not Present" issue is not unique to Premiere Elements 13, and I question whether one fix or suggested burner is a universal solution.

Suggestions before buying any more burner for this purpose...

1. Explore other brand/type Blu-ray discs

2. Uninstall Premiere Elements 13 (usual Control Panel way), do a free ccleaner run through CCleaner - Download

and the reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

If "2" does not work, then delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

3. If all else fails (or before doing all of the above), determine if the Burn To: ISO Image works for Blu-ray.

You can take that ISO Image and get it to Blu-ray disc using a program such as ImgBurn. (Install ImgBurn with great care

since it comes with "baggage of carry along programs" if you do not make the right choices in the download and install.)

Please review and consider the above. Right now, finding the one size fits all Blu-ray player in your specific computer environment may prove

frustrating.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Please Suggest a Compatible Internal Blu Ray Burner to buy for PE13 with Windows 7
            thefosters6 Level 1

Thank you for answering! I am using Verbatim BD-R 6x blu ray discs. I was able to burn a blu ray disc with the cyber link software that came with the pioneer drive. However the quality was not so great after I exported the file from PE13 to cyberlink. I already tried the ISO Image but the cyberlink software was unable to read the file. Is there a brand of blu ray discs that you can suggest?

I recently upgraded to PE 13 from PE10 (which also gave me the media not present message) but I did not have my antivirus software off. I will uninstall PE13 and try reinstalling it after using the cleaner. Thank you again!

• 3. Re: Please Suggest a Compatible Internal Blu Ray Burner to buy for PE13 with Windows 7
              A.T. Romano Level 7

thefoster6

Thanks for the reply and background information.

I have been using Verbatim BD-R and BD-RE (25 GB) and BD-RE (50 GB) without issue with the LG Blu-ray burner (12X) and no problems where burn dialog

Status shows Media Not Present instead of Ready when the disc was inserted into the burner tray.

ImgBurn should be able to use the Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray ISO Image to get it to Blu-ray disc.

We will be watching for your results and comment further then.

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

ATR

• 4. Re: Please Suggest a Compatible Internal Blu Ray Burner to buy for PE13 with Windows 7
                thefosters6 Level 1

I uninstalled PE13, ran the ccleaner and reinstalled PE13 with my antivirus off and still the same "media not present".

I looked for the prefs file but I dont have the AppData folder after my owner name. I can find files that are "prefs" for my projects. Do I delete those? What are they for? I wouldn't want to lose hours of work.

About the ISO image file. Will it contain the menu and scene selections I have created with PE13 and run in a regular Blu Ray player? I know when I made an AVCHD file to use in cyberlink I had to recreate a menu and scene selections and the quality had gone down. I don't really understand ISO image files and how they work.

Thank you!