18 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 12:45 PM by arekelly

Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build

em2268

I've looked and haven't seen anything posted like this, so if there is, I'm sorry!  But I've just updated to the Premiere CC 2014 8.2.0 (65) Build and noticed that the multi-cam function is glitching out.  I'm editing four, ProRes 422, 1920x1080 camera files and as long as I'm switching cameras in real-time, it's good, but if I move the CTI back on the timeline and try to start editing again, the program begins switching rapidly from one camera to the next.  The only way to make it stop is to use the razor tool and make a cut on the footage, then proceed to edit in real-time.  You can imagine how annoying this is during a 40min segment on a timeline!  I've also noticed that my computer fan is more active than it was previously when using premiere.  Anyone else experience this or have a fix?

Computer: MBP, 2.7GHz i7, 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

This is the first I've heard of such an issue, but 2014.2 has been out for only a day.

Can you spell out your workflow a little more precisely: how you're switching cameras (pressing NumKey, clicking in the Program Monitor's multicam view, ...), whether you stop playback before attempting to scrub back, etc. If you have a screen capture app, a video of what's happening could help.

Is this with a project that originated in an earlier version of Premiere? If so, exactly which version? Can you try with a fresh project and a newly created multicam source sequence. To be clear, this is just for diagnostic/troubleshooting purposes; I'm not suggesting that you start your project over.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi em2268,

em2268 wrote:

Computer: MBP, 2.7GHz i7, 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

In addition to giving Mark info:

What kind of drive does the media reside on?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
              em2268 Level 1

@ Mark Mapes, Sorry for the delayed response!  Per usual, it was glitching on me all day and then I couldn't duplicate the problem until today, plus the holidays.

Anyway, I'm in a brand new project using a different drive than when the first issue occurred and using the same version of Premiere CC.  I'm using my mouse and number keys to switch between cameras in the program monitor's multicam view.  When this occurred, I was just trying to place a text layer on the timeline by dragging and dropping the text layer on top of the footage, extended the time of the text layer by clicking the right side of it and dragging it over time, and then pressed the space bar for playback and it started going back and forth between frames.  See video link below.

@ Kevin Monahan the original occurrence happened on a 2TB LaCie Quadra v3 drive and then the latest occurrence happened on a 3 TB Western Digital  drive.  Both drives are using USB 3.0 and are formatted in the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.

When it happens, the computer fan begins to ramp up and the only way to stop it is to use a razor tool and make a cut on the footage in timeline.

Here is a quick video of it occurring: Dropbox - Multicam Glitch in PPCC.mp4

Any ideas?

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                daylight@mac.com Level 1

Having the same issue, Premiere CC 2014 8.2.0 (65)

Multi cam gliche, need to turn Multi-cam off and on a few times for it to stop.

I also get red screen in my program window. and the software freezes for a few seconds.

Please fix this.

working with video

Type: MXF

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - 8 channels

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 8 channels

Total Duration: 00;00;02;12

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

MXF File details:

Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Sony, Mem  (1.00)

MPEG-2 422 Long-GOP

and

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 53.5 MB

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00;00;13;26

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Computer

Processor  3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Graphics  AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Memory  32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 1.51.01 PM.png

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                  AntonyD

I have same problem too! How to fix it?

Comp:

OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

iMac 27 late 2013

i7 3.5 GHz

16GB DDR3

GeForce GTX 740M 4GB

Premiere CC 2014 8.2.0 (65) Build

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                    motiomedia Level 1

Same here on a fully loaded iMac 27 w/4TB FW drives. 1080p/60 AVCHD 3 streams all with CC, 1 with pinning plus a gfx bug. Have had some stutters in the past but not as bad as now. Also getting the rapid stutter. Also when encoding in AME sometimes get green frames. Have to reboot to fix all this.

• 7. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                      daxsonhale

I have the same problem. iMac, CC, 4TB Seagate drive, 2 cameras. I use the number keys only for multicam switching. No filters, no extra media yet-- just my two cameras and an audio track. I tried restarting Premiere CC and restarting my computer but it's only a temporary fix. Can't seem to pinpoint what makes it start. The switching only happens in the program window. It doesn't record the switches while editing-- it just appears to switch back and forth no matter what I'm doing-- during playback, editing, even while paused.

• 8. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                        daylight@mac.com Level 1

CPU drops every time i get a red frame, My iMac with the cc2014.1 is fine. no red frame

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 3.00.09 PM.png

• 9. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                          daylight@mac.com Level 1

log file

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: NTSC, 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, Upper, Quality 75, 00;54;01;03

- Audio:

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 Pass, Min 25.00, Target 30.00, Max 35.00 Mbps

- Encoding Time: 00:18:46

01/20/2015 03:03:14 PM : File Encoded with warning

------------------------------------------------------------

MXF read error in "/Volumes/LaCie/2014-12-01 11-08-17/LaCie 2/wedding 2014/OCT/2014Oct11 ToddMonica/Card2/Clip/466_3907.MXF" at frame -1.

MXF read error in "/Volumes/LaCie/2014-12-01 11-08-17/LaCie 2/wedding 2014/OCT/2014Oct11 ToddMonica/Card2/Clip/466_3916.MXF" at frame -1.

MXF read error in "/Volumes/LaCie/2014-12-01 11-08-17/LaCie 2/wedding 2014/OCT/2014Oct11 ToddMonica/Card2/Clip/466_3916.MXF" at frame -1.

MXF read error in "/Volumes/LaCie/2014-12-01 11-08-17/LaCie 2/wedding 2014/OCT/2014Oct11 ToddMonica/Card2/Clip/466_3917.MXF" at frame -1.

MXF read error in "/Volumes/LaCie/2014-12-01 11-08-17/LaCie 2/wedding 2014/OCT/2014Oct11 ToddMonica/Card2/Clip/466_3917.MXF" at frame -1.

------------------------------------------------------------

01/20/2015 03:03:14 PM : Queue Stopped

• 10. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                            daxsonhale Level 1

Update: Reinstalled Premiere. No change. Still flickers. It doesn't just switch cameras-- it looks like it jumps forward or back an undetermined amount of time as the subjects' position actually changes in these flickers. Not sure what's going on. Here's a video made by someone else that shows basically the same thing that's happening to me.

• 11. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                              daylight@mac.com Level 1

got that issue too, Im reinstalling cc2014.1,  It is a pain in the *** to do a clean install it only lets you download 8.0 after you install 8.2. so

If the cc2014 (8.0) does not show up in previous versions in creative cloud then you need to open /tmp folder. download cc2014.2 at about 40% you will see the install DMG appear, that will be the 8.0 version.  drag it to another folder before you cancel it or the DMG will disappear, then cancel the install. do the same with media encoder, and aftereffects. go to ‘DDL’ Articles at ProDesignTools and download the 2014.1 updates.

on a mac stay with 10.9.

• 12. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                motiomedia Level 1

OK, I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a fix. I had my project set to OpenCL, switched to CUDA and so far so good.

Mac OS 10.9.5 with  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

• 13. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                  AntonyD Level 1

I don't understand how you install 2014.1 

case this problem is 2014.2 kills me!((

• 14. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                    Rishaar Level 1

I have a similar issue whithe the latest release.

For example, if i use Roll Edit or Slip Tool in the timeline, sometimes everything starts to fliker, switching rapidly from one camera to the next.

The solution is to stop playing, then disengage and re-engage Multicamera View (Shift + 0)

Never had that type of problem in cs5.5 and cs6 , and i should know since i've edited more than 250 multicam videos on those.

Looks like a bug to me.

• 15. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                      daylight@mac.com Level 1

There is no direct way to download 2014.0, so you need to do a trick to get the DMG file.

You need to download CC2014, when you are downloading watch the /tmp folder (finder/go/go to folder)

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 8.54.54 AM.png

watch the folder around 50% download you will see the DMG files appear, drag the DMG file to another folder and stop the download.

That is cc 2014.0, Adobe installs the 2014.0 first then updates, so if you don't move the DMG file and stop the install adobe will delete the DMG file after it install it.

then updates the program to 2014.2.

You can get the 2014.1 update here

‘DDL’ Articles at ProDesignTools

you need to be signed in to adobe.com

Works great for me, Save the DMG files to disc for backup.

• 16. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                        woofy222

Same issues, i did around 100 videos in december editing with multicam with no issues like this.

Now im editing materials from the same cameras, same format. Multicamera is glitching alot.

Tried on SSD drives, HDD:s same problem.

Im going to try to roll back premiere version to an earlier..

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 2,0 GB

Frame Rate: 25,00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 01:15:06:08

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0

Im running Win 7 pro, 64bit

p9x79

24gb ram

• 17. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                          dzsokolino Level 1

Same issue here. I had to turn off open CL on my newer mac pro. Software only mode works.

• 18. Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014 multicam glitch 8.2.0(65) Build
                                            arekelly

Having a weird issue with multicam on Premiere CC 2014 8.2.0 (65) and wondering if someone could help out.

I'm assisting on a multi-camera show. We've been creating multi-cam clips via this process:

-Syncing cameras and audio via timecode

-Nesting video tracks

-Enabling multi-cam

-Linking new multi-cam clip to audio

We've just noticed though that when we double-click the multi-cam clips to see them in the Viewer, the audio is out of sync, however it plays back fine in our timeline. If we match frame the multi-cam clip into the viewer, sometimes it plays in sync, sometimes no audio will play at all. We've been trimming excess audio in between video clips, but it seems as if when the multi-cam clip is brought in to the viewer, it plays back with the full audio file as opposed to the edited one (thus causing it to be out of sync?)

It seems to be a weird glitch, and we're not sure how to fix or if we're doing something wrong?

Working with transcoded MXF video clips:

ProRes 422 HQ

1920 x 1080

Working on:

OSX Yosemite Version 10.10.5

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB