5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 3:40 PM by Moredsir

lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App

0mx9 Level 1

For the second time, I find out there is a Lightroom Creative Cloud update and when I go to the Creative Cloud App, it shows not installed. I have only installed it from Creative Cloud. If I select Install, it installs and works fine. Used to be I'd get a little flag that showed there was an update--no more. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App
          Wolf Eilers Level 4

You do not update Lightroom but install a new release. The screen shot below shows that a new version of Lightroom is ready to be installed. In my case I would install version 5.7.1 to replace my existing version 5.7. I am running Windows 7. It might be different on a Mac.

• 2. Re: lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App
            0mx9 Level 1

I can't believe this is intended behavior. Before, I'd get a flag that said--I need to update. It worked for several months that way. Now I'm just supposed to notice the app has moved from installed to new? That's not right.

• 3. Re: lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App
              Wolf Eilers Level 4

I agree it's confusing. By the way, I do not recall Lightroom as being shown as an upgrade; I have only seen it as an install when used within CC.

• 4. Re: lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App
                0mx9 Level 1

I wonder if any other users are getting behavior where the CC app flags an update is awaiting your action or if everyone is getting this behavior: the item moves from installed to Find New Apps.

By the way, my vote is neither: just upgrade it automatically and don't bother me with it. First time it opens after updating, show a splash screen with what changed.

• 5. Re: lightroom does not show installed in Creative Cloud App
                  Moredsir

For me, in CC app LR shows as 'Install" ie. you'd think it's not installed. I'm on 5.6 still BTW, so it really should show in installed as "update" as PS does. Of course LR never actually updates, you get to use up 1GB of your download allowance because they'd like you to have both versions even if you only want the 64 bit, and you run it as an install.

The really brilliant thing about this is you can only "install" that 1GB download on one computer even though it's been downloaded as a separate exe file. If you also want it on your laptop you get to download that 1GB file all over again because it can only be authenticated by CC when it has been downloaded by CC on the computer you want it on. Do not make the mistake of thinking that because you have CC installed on the second computer that using the 1GB file from the first computer and doing the install that your LR will be authenticated by CC after the fact.

It's only been this way for a year, so I'm sure will be fixed soon. I suspect it's something to do with LR being a standalone product that's being 'patched' into CC's auth system. I think I'm going to go back to buying the standalone when LR6 comes out, I rarely use PS.