5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 9:14 PM by A.T. Romano

elements 10 display error

caits2005

When I open my elements 10 a window pops up stating that "We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. Display driver details: ATI Technologies Inc. - AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G 3.01600 Compatibility Profile Context" I am not able to edit any videos because they will no longer appear in elements 10. This has never happened before, and I have no idea what to do.

• 1. Re: elements 10 display error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

caits2005

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Have you assured that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? If not, please do so.

If you have an up to date, video card/graphics card, then please delete the BadDrivers.txt file found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

With Premiere Elements 10 closed

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Once you open the program, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file and the problem should be gone.

Also determine if the problem exists with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Also, determine if there is a difference when you replace pen and tablet (if you are using one) with the mouse.

Did problem set in after a Windows Update?

Please review and consider, let me know if I have made incorrect assumptions about your setup.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: elements 10 display error
            caits2005 Level 1

Yes I do have Windows 7.

I check my firewall I do not believe that's the problem. I have no idea how to check if my graphics card is up to date. Also I was unable to find a "BadDrivers.txt." in the 10.0 folder. Thank you for your help.

• 3. Re: elements 10 display error
              caits2005 Level 1

Also, I do believe this happened after a update, not completely certain. And I am just using my laptop, no mouse attached.

• 4. Re: elements 10 display error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

caits2005

I have been waiting for several hours for your messages to get posted in your thread. Earlier I saw 2 messages from you in my Adobe email notifications, but these posts never showed up in your thread.

The first

Yes I do have Windows 7.

I check my firewall I do not believe that's the problem. I have no idea how to check if my graphics card is up to date. Also I was unable to find a "BadDrivers.txt." in the 10.0 folder. Thank you for your help.

and the second

Also, I do believe this happened after a update, not completely certain. And I am just using my laptop, no mouse attached.

I am assuming that you are working on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer. In order to see the BadDrivers.txt file you need to be working with the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active. In Windows 7 64 bit, seek out Folder Options dialog and its View Tab under which you scroll to find the option mentioned. In Windows 8 and 8.1 64 bit, the path to the Folder Options dialog starts with the File Explorer. The BadDrivers.txt file deletion may turn out to be the life saver if updating the driver version is not the answer.

As for checking out the driver version...you could start by checking the version date of what you have...assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, look Device Manager/Display Adapters/ and the name of your card. Under the Driver tab for the card, look for the driver version and date. Then you should go to the web site of the manufacturer of the card and look for its listing for the latest version of that card. I did a quick search and found the following which you could explore...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%20HD%206620G&By=AMD

Do you recall what type of update was associated with the Premiere Elements display error message?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

Add On....Please let us know for sure what computer operating system is involved.

• 5. Re: elements 10 display error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

caits2005

Would you believe...after I waited hours for your posts to get posted by the system, right after I posted, they showed up here. Strange.

But, at least we communicated today on this and hopefully will resolve the matter shortly.

ATR