5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 7:19 PM by whsprague

I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?

Italy

I have a computer system of 32 byt Windows 7 if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements 11?

• 1. Re: I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?
          whsprague Level 4

Your agreement with Adobe is to have a total of two active installations.  If you have used only one, you can do a fresh installation on the 64 bit system.

If you already have it on two computers, open PrE on the old system and, in the Help menu, deactivate it.  Then, using your serial number, you can re-install PrE on the "new" system.

• 2. Re: I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

There are two factors involved here, not just how many computers you can have using the same purchased activated serial number at the same time.

True, Adobe allows the same purchased activated serial number on no more than two of your computers. If you want to install that same purchased activated serial number on a third computer, then you need to deactivate one on one of the other two computers. You use each of the installs one at a time, not at the same time.

But, your bigger issue relates to installation files versus installation discs. Did you install Premiere Elements 11 on your 32 bit computer using downloaded installation files from Adobe to your Windows 32 bit computer or installation disc? There are instances where the installation files are specific to the computer operating system to which they were downloaded. That is the answer that we seek and it may have to come from Adobe. We are not Adobe. Rather user to user forum.

Please give us more details.

But, if you already have Premiere Elements 11 and Windows 7 64 bit and a purchased serial number for it, you could try to install Premiere Elements 11 with the installation materials that you have and see how far you get. Possibilities

a. it will work

or

b. it will tell you if you that you have the purchased activated serial number on more than 2 computers

or

c. you will get some kind of an error message

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?
              whsprague Level 4

With due respect ATR, I think it may be different.

First factor.  Adobe keeps track and will only allow installation on two computers with one license.  If you download the application, both have to be of the same operating system.  In other words you the registar two PCs or two Macs.  If you buy the boxed version you get two disks, one for PC and one for Mac and you can do one of each. 

The licensing agreement says that both computers must be yours personally.  You agree that it will not be one for you and one for your wife, kid or friend.  I can assure you that the application will run flawlessly on two of your computers at once.  If you forget and leave it running on your office computer, you won't be blocked from running at home on your laptop. 

Factor two is that there are two installation files.  Only one for Macs and only one for PCs.  The one for PCs will recognize, during installation, if you are 32 bit or 64 bit and make the right choices for you.  You don't need to know what you have. 

Disclaimer:  I only know what has worked on four Windows 7 computers and 4 versions of Premier Elements.  I know nothing else!!!

• 4. Re: I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

My post numbered 2 stands as written.

My concern is with the installation materials. The Adobe installation files downloaded to your computer are specific to your Windows computer, using either a Windows 32 bit installer or a Windows 64 bit installer. If you had a 32 bit installer, I question whether or not those files downloaded to a 32 bit computer will install on a 64 bit computer. It may be that the download has the potential for either and is channeled to the appropriate one. But, if you have problems with the install, I suggest that you iron out this point with Adobe. It is an Adobe decision. How much help that you will get from Adobe is questionable since the latest version of the program is not involved. But worth the try if it comes to that.

All of the above is meaningless if you are installing from installation disc from box packaging of the product.

And, it has been written about by many times in this forum by Bill Hunt et al that the Adobe License Agreement is that you do not use both computers at the same time if you have the purchased activated serial number on two of your computers.

ATR

• 5. Re: I have a computer system if 32 byt if I change in 64 bit how can I upgrade my Adobe premiere elements?
                  whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

Italy

My post numbered 2 stands as written.

ATR

My post stands as written too!

Do you work for Adobe and have employee information that the regular users do not?

Respectfully,

Bill