5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 1:17 PM by Wedflik

Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio

Wedflik

Similar problem in both premiere & AME - clips are exporting with video but no audio.

When queueing up jobs in AME, they'll finish with no Audio & now even exporting directly from the timeline in Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 (just updated 2014-12-14) our clips still have no audio.

All clips have conformed on the timeline before beginning export.

This is happening despite trying these various solutions... re-installing Premiere, starting a new project, choosing a new Scratch Disk with 3 TB of available hard drive space... also our operating system is a 2014 3.5 GHz i7 32GB RAM iMac, running Mavericks with a 256 GB Flash Hard Drive, so RAM or HD speed should not be an issue?

Any advice or a solution would be greatly appreciated.  We export dozens of jobs a day and cannot find a reason why this Adobe Premiere Pro & AME Software is not working correctly & giving us dropped audio upon export - very frustrating, thanks for the help...

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Key data missing: What format are you exporting to, and what are the audio settings? Please post a screenshot of the Export Settings dialog showing the Audio tab.

Also, in Premiere, are the desired audio tracks enabled (i.e., not muted)? When you play the sequence in Premiere, do you hear the audio? [No offense intended with these basic questions. I've found it's best to cover the most basic stuff right up front.]

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio
            Wedflik Level 1

Hi Mark,

thanks for the assistance,  H.264 and I've attached a screenshot of the audio settings for you to review.  Audio tracks are enabled, and our system is to wait for all clips to conform on the timeline then enlarge audio track to verify it has loaded & playback from the timeline to check for the audio - all necessary bc of multiple exports without audio.

Is this a common instance in premiere / ame or does it have anything to do with scratch disk size available?  appreciate the supportScreen Shot 2014-12-17 at 8.12.45 PM.png

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio

Judging from the gold color of the Output Name and the scrub bar, that's screenshot is not from CC2014.2. Judging from other details, it must be somewhere between CC 7.0.0 and CC2014.0.1.

Before I try to repro, please make sure you're on CC2014.2 and re-export.

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio
                Wedflik Level 1

I have 2 macs, screenshot with identical export setting was from 2nd mac. if you can repro now here is a 2014.2 screenshot & same export settings on the 2014.2 mac; issue occurs on both computers thanks - also this timeline, before export I had audio on all tracks.  Here is a screenshot of the timeline post export; all of the audio is gone?  It was there at time of exportScreen Shot 2014-12-18 at 10.22.17 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 10.17.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-18 at 10.20.59 AM.png

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio

Thanks for the additional info. The fact that you have two editing systems--and that they're running different versions of Premiere--could be key. Can you provide details about how/where your assets and cache files are stored? Is everything local or on some kind of network? If they're both reading from and writing to the same network location(s), please tell us as much as possible about the network configuration, hardware, etc.

And if the cache files are stored at a common network location, as a troubleshooting step please try the following:

1. change all the scratch disk paths to a local drive [File>Project Settings>Scratch Disks]
                  2. Select the Timeline and go Sequence>Render Audio
                  3. Export
                  • 6. Re: Premiere Pro dropped audio after export, AME no audio
                    Wedflik Level 1

Hi Mark, jobs never cross over from one machine to the other.  Meaning a project is completed start to finish on one machine / operating system / version of Premiere Pro.  I took the screenshot from the 2nd mac, but if it helps I can update that one to 2014.2; and I've experienced the issue again on the 2014.2 PP CC with - Assets & cache are all set to one external - an 8TB Thunderbolt WD External, the Application is running on a 256 GB SSD drive, everything is local so no networked files... the External is plugged directly into the Mac via thunderbolt.

Sometimes restarting and reopening PP CC and then re-exporting will result in audio showing up.  But we export dozens of jobs a day and some will have no audio upon export (we always check to make sure scratch disks have 2+ TB of HD space, and to let the audio encode before exporting.)

Main use of PP in this case is to join many individual .MP4 files into 1 clip.  I realize we do not need an encoding process for this, but do not know of an alternative Adobe type of software that will join clips together?  Anyhow thanks for the help in troubleshooting this.