1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 5:25 AM by idar lettrem

Is there any way to turn an image with black background and color into a image with black background and white silhouette?

Sebastian676 Level 1

Is there any way to turn an image with black background and color into a image with black background and white silhouette?

For example, like this (this is only a recreation of what i want to do)

isthis.png

for example i have a image sequence with black background and a figure with color alongide the frames/animation, moving into the format, but i want to erase the black background, normally i would get two image sequences if i would appear to be rendering it from a 3D software, a color render and a BW render so i can use it as a mate channel, but now my question is, can i use an option, maybe a saturation option/plugin from AE to turn the image totally in only two colors, black and white? (like in the image of the example) this questions is because i wanted to save time by rendering image sequences to optimize workflow in some images/animations i make., to create a fast alpha/transparency from the image.

Please tell me if you know something about this, i already tried the Curves option and it works somehow, but not perfectly depending on the hue of the image.

Thanks in regard