• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download ColdFusion Builder 3 without Akamai Download Manager??

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

Based upon the recommendation of someone that I respect, I would like to give ColdFusion Builder 3 a shot.

However, every time I try to download ColdFusion Builder 3, I get a pop-up that says I have to install the Akamai Download Manager, first.

Primary:  I am at my work computer, and I don't have the necessary permissions to install a download manager.

Even if I did have permissions, I don't like download managers (or, really, ANYthing by Akamai).

I need to download it for my DEV system (on which I do have install permissions.)

Secondary:  I am not going to submit a request to the PTB/admins for them to download it.

It would take forever to get a decision, and then there's a 99% chance the answer will be 'no'.

Tertiary:  I have downloaded many things from Adobe without using a download manager by Akamai.

Why, all of a sudden, is this so necessary?

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to download directly from here, https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion_builder using ie but not ff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  But in both IE10 and FF, it takes me to the same page that has a form on the right side that has the download link.. this opens a pop-up (in both IE and FF) prompting me to download the Akamai Download Manager.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you click the direct download link in the popup after closing the akamai download window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, and nothing happens when I do that.  I have made an exception for [*.]adobe.com in the pop-up blocker, so it's not that.  Not sure what else to do.

Thank you,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try different computers/different browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it from work, tried it from home.  Both are the same:  click link, nothing happens.  No download dialog, no error messages.  It's as if the link were never clicked.

IE10, IE9, FF31, Chrome 34.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At both home and work, Win7.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 or 32 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see how either would make any difference, but they are both 64-bit.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess it doesn't matter if you want a particular installation file regardless of what's appropriate for your os.

if that's true, which version do you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download CFB3 64-bit for Windows 7.

If Adobe would only provide a direct link instead of trying to force us to use a download manager, that would be awesome.

What are the odds?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, and for going to the trouble of making it available.

Please don't think that I'm intentionally making things more difficult than they have to be.  But as someone who recently passed his Security+ test, I cannot accept.  Even if scanned by AV software, I cannot run the risk of there being anything malicious in the file.

NOT THAT I THINK YOU WOULD!!!  I don't! Mind you, I just cannot take that risk, especially since this is for work (I'm a federal contractor.)

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

np.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally get a download started, but it's NOT ColdFusion Builder 3.

If I click the "file 1 of 1" link, it wants to save Akamai DLM to my HD.  Why can I not get CFB3?  I just read a post on Ray Camden's blog that CFB3 was updated with a new release.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm having the same issue with ColdFusion Server 11.  WTF, Adobe?!?!?  WHY IS IT SO DAMN IMPORTANT FOR ME TO HAVE THE F**KING DOWNLOAD MANAGER????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to download this as a trial and I get the stupid file but then it says 'The installer was interrupted, please restart the installer.' I do and same thing .. over and over and over... and now I have like 8 copies of this worthless piece of crap on my PC.. the link above that you provided for download no longer works.. Could I please get a direct link for a coldfusion builder 3???!!

Your site sucks by the way, and this forum has some strange issues also.. Every time I come to it I sigh in exasperation!! Impossible to find anything you want.. Might as well just make the home page one big Fing search box...
And I know your products are mostly geared towards images and videos but people still like to be able to navigate a website ... not an art gallery!!!!

But this is PAR for the course....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to download this as a trial and I get the stupid file but then it says 'The installer was interrupted, please restart the installer.' I do and same thing .. over and over and over... and now I have like 8 copies of this worthless piece of crap on my PC.. the link above that you provided for download no longer works.. Could I please get a direct link for a coldfusion builder 3???!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same issue!!!! NO ANSWER!!! ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey stupid f@#$s .. your site works like s%$t and I think you program like f$%$ing s$$t too!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be calm my friend. Hope you already sorted this but if not, and for anyone else.. The "File 1 of 1" link in the popup has your answer. Didn't work for me when clicking on it either but if you look at the link you will find http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win64/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win64.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I click on that link, I get http://trials3.adobe.com/ ... /ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_adm.exe

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines