Need some backup over here people....
I started a search engine in flash for a small 15 pages
website,and in these cases I think it's best to create an XML file
as a database... I need to say that I am a beginner in using
actionscript and Macromedia Flash as I used other software
here is the progress so far:
engine and here is the XML file to get an idea:
file and the actionscript:
PDF there are some words in Romanian in the search engine link,
as I requested some help on a forum but no luck... but the idea is
to enter one of the words in the ""...
so... now to the problems:
1).I need to compare the VAR entered by the user in the
search box with the DESCRIPTION from the XML, what I was able to do
is to compare if they are equal, that means you need to enter the
exact description to get a result, what I need to obtain is for
example to enter "goo" and still get the result for GOOGLE, or
"gle" or whatever...
2). I also need to use the search button as a trigger and
also the key ENTER, I was able to do it but not together, it was
either ENTER or the button, I need to specify here that the
function from the onRelease command of the button is a very complex